RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Eons ago, not long after the Morris Minor ceased production, it was reported in the press that a dedicated fan decided he wanted a new one (don't ask me why!) and had the bright idea to build one from spare parts. (One could acquire all the bits back then!) It was alleged that it cost over £4000. The last list price of the vehicle was under £1000 IIRC .

Sorry to digress for a second, but you might find it interesting that in 1985 a German guy called Heinrich Afflerbach build a brand new NSU RO80 from a collection of parts he had built up, including the last (I think) body shell from the factory, on the registration certificate it is an "Afflerbach RO80", I googled it but nothing much comes up immediately, there was an interesting article in German magazine "AutoBild Klassik" a few months ago.

Sorry, back to eBay... :-D

• Like 1

Sorry to digress for a second, but you might find it interesting that in 1985 a German guy called Heinrich Afflerbach build a brand new NSU RO80 from a collection of parts he had built up, including the last (I think) body shell from the factory, on the registration certificate it is an "Afflerbach RO80", I googled it but nothing much comes up immediately, there was an interesting article in German magazine "AutoBild Klassik" a few months ago....

Wonder if it still exists?

From Rails ad that's on the eBay listing.

WANTED SECOND HAND COLLECTIONS TOP PRICES PAID

Is that so they can sell for over the top prices?

I’d suggest it’s not a brilliant strategy to say “sell to us, we pay less for your old stock than anyone else.” I’ve yet to see a car show room try that one...market will decide what they can sell for and what margin they make. If they overprice second hand stuff, it won’t sell Edited by Clearwater

• RMweb Gold

I’d suggest it’s not a brilliant strategy to say “sell to us, we pay less for your old stock than anyone else.” I’ve yet to see a car show room try that one...market will decide what they can sell for and what margin they make. If they overprice second hand stuff, it won’t sell

They must have a lot left then!

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

I suppose anyone can name a 9F whatever they want. After all, some full size locos have non genuine names on them, at the owners whim.

Even the Big Four managed to spell loco names incorrectly, on occasion and not all were recast correctly.

I wonder if the seller of this item when stating "Nice All Round Condition" is refering to the bend in the frame

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROCO-Boxed-Loco-BR670-Electrique-Klein-ModellBahn-in-Nice-all-Round-Condition-/253172351902?hash=item3af23f839e:g:ulkAAOSwAVxZx9CI

Brian

Someone must think it's supposed to look like like that, as it has a bid....    :O  :scratchhead:

9F

'TONANDO'

STEAM LOCOMOTIVE

TEST RUN

EXCELLENT BOXED CONDITION

LOOCMOTIVE HAS HAD 'TONANDO' TRANSFERS FITTED ON SMOKE DEFLECTORS

"LOOCMOTIVE"....

Some mis spelling going on here then?

I was wondering if the name has anything to do with Ben Ando? ;)

A very fast Ben Ando, on a motorbike?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Seller apparently is in Israel. Outside the UK, unless a British modeller, no one knows what OO is. Certainly the case in Australia.

I don't think 'scale' is a high priority with the 'Thomas' ranges for either Bachmann or Hornby.

AFAIK the former are intended primarily for North America and allegedly are H0 scale.