RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

5 hours ago, Hroth said:

I just thought....

For what these jokers want for simplistic Thomas items, you could pre-order Hornby's new top of the range Black Five, with smoke and sound. And if you pre-order two (one to keep and one to sell), choose your eBay moment and you'll probably recoup your entire expenditure!

Trying not to be cynical... :whistle:

Yes that’s true but hardly the same market target. Try giving your eight year old that and see what happens lol 

( note as 8 year old me I’d have much preferred the latter but I was the minority!) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hroth said:

Wasn't that the one that kicked off the entire debate in the first place?  :scratchhead::jester:

It could have...

I'm so gobsmacked at prices like these from a supposedly reputable shop that I've lost the plot!!!

It must be another work experience intern!!

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Has anyone else noticed it's an 0-4-0, not an 0-6-0?

I hadn't, as it's one of those ugly objects that my superstitious nature tells me that if you stare at it for too long you'll probably go blind....

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I hadn't, as it's one of those ugly objects that my superstitious nature tells me that if you stare at it for too long you'll probably go blind....

It's rude to stare...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

46 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

I know it is more Hornby Madness rather than eBay madness, but Over £100 for what is really a coach with no windows...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-APT-NDM-49004-034-Non-driving-motor-034-NEW-UNUSED-/144385178193?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Maybe a Chinese container ship has sunk making that model instantly "R@RE!!!!" 

Then again, 50,000  of them might wash up on a Cornish beach...

Edited by MrWolf
Internet death
  • Funny 4

4 hours ago, Esmedune said:

I know it is more Hornby Madness rather than eBay madness, but Over £100 for what is really a coach with no windows...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-APT-NDM-49004-034-Non-driving-motor-034-NEW-UNUSED-/144385178193?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Brand new never ran.

Well it wouldn't have would it? It doesn't have legs for one thing.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HATTONS-OO-GAUGE-266219-BR-2-6-0-0-6-2-BEYER-GARRATT-47998-DCC-WEATHERED-/194767888388?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Price seems ok but it's listed as having been test run... only it's hard to see how with the flailing connecting rod. How did they not notice when uploading the pictures.

• Like 3