EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
On 07/02/2022 at 16:48, Ncarter2 said:

I dropped him a message just to see if it was sound fitted and mentioned that Hattons still have them new for just over £100 for non sound. No response. 

Got a response, basically ignoring everything I asked and simply said they think it’s a new tooling.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

I put a couple of items up

for sale Monday, first a Bachmann 90 in Powerhaul. Brought brand new, never used and now Kernow are doing the model I was intending on getting it sprayed into, was no longer needed. Listed at what I paid, got two offers today, one for just over the start, the other for £50. I countered with £2500 to that one, he didn’t see the funny side. I did take the other one though. Was surprised as they seem to be still in stock at a lot of places for not to much more than the offer I received. 
The other item I put up was a Hattons 66. This was one I pre ordered when first announced, and other than a test run to ensure all was well, has not been used. Again, listed at what i paid, and after a few offers of mid 90’s, got one today at near double the listing price. Was very surprised as how much these are demanding when it’s not the Garish orange. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

I made an offer of £85 for the Class 15......

I bought mine when Hattons were flogging them off for 70 quid or so. I regret not getting a DP2, Clayton, Falcon and Kestrel at similar prices at the same time....

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Hroth said:

I bought mine when Hattons were flogging them off for 70 quid or so. I regret not getting a DP2, Clayton, Falcon and Kestrel at similar prices at the same time....

Indeed, which is why I made the offer.

The offer has been accepted, I'll report back......

• Like 6

On 08/02/2022 at 20:57, PieGuyRob said:

I'm thinking of buying two items of gostrude! :D

in my defence I'm in a trauma unit

Done it. Bought a Bachmann dcc fitted A1 tornado, and a Hornby operating mail carriage of him. The carriage is to replace my dad's one, that my brother and I broke as children. It has all the accessories and instructions. The A1 is my first steam locomotive. Up until now I have been purely diesel and electric. I have noticed that Accurascale are doing a couple of the mk2b's in wcrc livery, so will look good with it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rab said:

Just seems to be the vendors standard price for their catalogues. Other than that....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

They had the wrong coloured interiors apparently. Cash on collection only. Hmm that doesn't sound dodgy. ;)

It might make the more wary of us avoid buying or perhaps we'd turn up with £600 in one pocket and a Glock in the other....

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Esmedune said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393929140215?hash=item5bb801a7f7:g:CgEAAOSwDGJiBmvp

Just to think that someone had high hopes for this custom job, how could it go so wrong??

"and will be securely packed for shipping"

Hardly worth it really?!!

Mike

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Esmedune said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393929140215?hash=item5bb801a7f7:g:CgEAAOSwDGJiBmvp

Just to think that someone had high hopes for this custom job, how could it go so wrong??

The seller is to be congratulated for his honest and accurate description. It will be interesting to see what it makes for the salvageable parts.

• Agree 3