EBay madness

Marcyg

20 minutes ago, benzino said:

I know they were limited edition and the livery application is arguably nicer than bachmanns current weathered Regional Mk2s but these seem very pricey https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353896330490?hash=item5265dd74fa:g:fZQAAOSw2KRh~~Lh

What is their value, realistically?

There has to be a going rate for such things? 

And don't say whatever some schmuck is prepared to pay!:D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

“Murphy Models” Enterprise coaches

A bit cheeky of the seller given that Murphy Models never produced these models.  They admit that they are repainted Hornby shortie Mk3s with a DVT conversion.  All fair to average conversions but not worth the asking price in my view.

At least they are not described as “kit built”.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255375039093?hash=item3b7589da75:g:WjYAAOSwTaRiAT9J

It would 'please' me more if it had four trailing wheels! :locomotive:

Looks like a complete Wrenn N2 chassis underneath a whitemetal kit. Wills? Gem?

Probably worth bidding on it for the chassis alone, if you have a 3-rail HD N2 you wish to modernise!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255375039093?hash=item3b7589da75:g:WjYAAOSwTaRiAT9J

It would 'please' me more if it had four trailing wheels! :locomotive:

5.  I also promise they will be as described. If I spot a problem I will not fail to tell you what it is.

Hmmmm, maybe not?

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 05/02/2022 at 22:01, mozzer models said:

the teak coaches are all Kirk kits

Well the alleged kit builder should be congratulated on doing such a fine job of matching Hornby's (Railroad) plasticky teak effect not to mention the incorrect number of windows (due to the coaches being too short) and capping it off by applying exactly the same numbers as Hornby including duplicating these across more than one coach.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

42 minutes ago, benzino said:

'This locomotive is in excellent condition and DCC fitted. Boxed'

Its annoying seeing how many ebay sellers are trying to fob off knackered Hornby 31's as good condition for £100 or  over. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-class-31-Dutch-livery-/175146338816?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Why not?

He's undercutting Rails...

• Funny 3

50 minutes ago, benzino said:

Excellent condition - with a big crack at one end of the body. And the other end doesn't seem to fit the chassis properly.

Edited by Graham108
Additional info
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, benzino said:

Its annoying seeing how many ebay sellers are trying to fob off knackered Hornby 31's as good condition for £100 or  over. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-class-31-Dutch-livery-/175146338816?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

2 hours ago, Graham108 said:

Excellent condition - with a big crack at one end of the body. And the other end doesn't seem to fit the chassis properly.

Yep, excellent condition. Apart from the cracked bodyshell and the warping mazak-rot ridden chassis.  You can even see the crackle marks in the paint as the chassis expands At Both Ends!!!

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Yep, excellent condition. Apart from the cracked bodyshell and the warping mazak-rot ridden chassis.  You can even see the crackle marks in the paint as the chassis expands At Both Ends!!!

Maybe it's a true copy of the real thing? Most of which went rotten all the way around the body to frame joint? :D

• Funny 2

I just had a look at his other offerings, mainly US outline boxcars (though there is also a Heljan Class 15).

MrWolf might like the motorcycle service manual though even with the manual presumably in front of him, the vendor finds it difficult to spell the marque correctly...

Edited by Hroth
spelin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Graham108 said:

Can’t find it now but someone is asking £169 for a DCC sound fitted Cl 31 with the cab at one end cracked from roof to chassis and even photo’d with it bent up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I just had a look at his other oferings, mainly US outline boxcars (though there is also a Heljan Class 15).

MrWolf might like the motorcycle service manual though even with the manual presumably in front of him, the vendor finds it difficult to spell the marque correctly...

Thanks @Hroth, a Velocette s Venom service manual for a fiver? Even if a reprint is a serious bargain.

If he'd spelt it right, it would have been snapped up. But it doesn't appear if you search "Velocette".

It's on its way to the wolf's lair

Cheers!

RW

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

3 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

I didn't realise that BR added swimming pools when the class 110's were put through refurbishment! (Sorry I don't know how to post links).

Like all these things it is easy enough after you know but not remotely intuitive.

Copy the address from the web page you want to link to (put the address into the clipboard).

Then find the button fifth from the left in the RMweb reply box:

1795304402_Screenshot2022-02-0817_46_04.png.5dc9e4e3aa012b101202fd66e461df26.png

The button with the chain.

A  pop-up box opens; paste the address into the box labelled "URL".

HTH.

- Richard.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, 47137 said:

Like all these things it is easy enough after you know but not remotely intuitive.

Copy the address from the web page you want to link to (put the address into the clipboard).

Then find the button fifth from the left in the RMweb reply box:

1795304402_Screenshot2022-02-0817_46_04.png.5dc9e4e3aa012b101202fd66e461df26.png

The button with the chain.

A  pop-up box opens; paste the address into the box labelled "URL".

HTH.

- Richard.

47137, Richard, thank you. 

At least the description is right. It's white and blue!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, john new said:

Can’t find it now but someone is asking £169 for a DCC sound fitted Cl 31 with the cab at one end cracked from roof to chassis and even photo’d with it bent up!

Yeah, if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's on rails of Sheffield ebay page. It has been commented on a couple of times, myself included. I think the last time is a couple of pages back. Check out page 1214 with photos of the 2 31's that fell onto the north cicular in the 80's! Good for a giggle, as even the real thing suffered mazak rot, so is based on a real example!

• Like 2