EBay madness

Marcyg

Here's a seller that makes Go$tude look like a model of decency and respectability. There's some heartbreaking neglect to be seen here. You've also got to marvel at the nerve of someone trying to sell bin rakings this bad. Whoever originally owned them and "modified" them had no love for them, no modelling skills and seemingly very little eysight for some of those horrors to have been perpetrated on once expensive continental models. It's tragic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_ssn=superkbros&store_name=superkbros&_oac=1&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

Select "newly listed" to see them all.

EDIT: Look at this one. He's added mass by glueing wheel balance weights to the roof!! I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking.

s-l1600.jpg.68b585af900a02de16a77e861bc58098.jpg   s-l1600.jpg.3d150a20c9221ddf83a3b1d3262a2e61.jpg

And then there's this one, with the novel wiring and pantograph glued to the roof . Yours for at least $9.99, but he clearly expects more or it wouldn't be an auction.

s-l1600.jpg.dbfcc6059bffb1ce074db89dc4d111b3.jpg

Edited by Swissrail
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Swissrail said:

Here's a seller that makes Go$tude look like a model of decency and respectability. There's some heartbreaking neglect to be seen here. You've also got to marvel at the nerve of someone trying to sell bin rakings this bad. Whoever originally owned them and "modified" them had no love for them, no modelling skills and seemingly very little eysight for some of those horrors to have been perpetrated on once expensive continental models. It's tragic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_ssn=superkbros&store_name=superkbros&_oac=1&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

EDIT: Look at this one. He's added mass by glueing wheel balance weights to the roof!! I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking.

s-l1600.jpg.68b585af900a02de16a77e861bc58098.jpg   s-l1600.jpg.3d150a20c9221ddf83a3b1d3262a2e61.jpg

Gluing them in place stops them from falling off when you hit the corners at high speed.

Some people know nuffin!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

1 hour ago, Swissrail said:

And then there's this one, with the novel wiring and pantograph glued to the roof . Yours for at least $9.99, but he clearly expects more or it wouldn't be an auction.

s-l1600.jpg.dbfcc6059bffb1ce074db89dc4d111b3.jpg

Lovely bit of recycling with the wheel weights, they're the ones that have been knocked off when hitting a kerb, generally found when looking in the gutter for cigarette ends to recycle....🤢

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Lovely bit of recycling with the wheel weights, they're the ones that have been knocked off when hitting a kerb, generally found when looking in the gutter for cigarette ends to recycle....🤢

At least their colour blends with the roof!

Concerning the ciggie ends, you'd be competing with the squirrels...

• Funny 5

18 minutes ago, Hroth said:

At least their colour blends with the roof!

Concerning the ciggie ends, you'd be competing with the squirrels...

I have to be honest that during uneventful and repetitive lockdown walks I enjoyed scavenging for useful modelling materials such as lichens etc and I amassed a nice collection of car wheel weights and the like including a couple of those bike tyre weights! But they went on the inside of my rolling stock! 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

This is Go$tude using another name..Antiquetoys1...but it's the same overpriced tat with the same cheesy "a great addition to your collection" tagline.

This time it's ten different Humbrol sized tins of paint for the surprisingly low price of £149.50. I don't know how he does it for so little. 🤣

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144194861650?hash=item2192aefa52:g:IvQAAOSw1eJhOz0Z&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoF31vNlWkyBSDAmEN%2BLGhxYQdgi9brU8N4KxB07vyOK%2BtiYB7ouvhHsCz408%2FRq2iFbGR8mVFGOP9%2FcD%2BNM6y8p77VnOYYoQplh7ECa%2FYAgGs540q7dZaMRa6e6xCXV62rt9Q0fj4ei29GkaA6JIkavUsFCf14u64xbTK%2FASk86SdAgxO8EjXJCik%2BLB4u36xcq92H6JD3%2BytAxsAH49CvM%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7itutPMYQ

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 minutes ago, Swissrail said:

This is Go$tude using another name..Antiquetoys1...but it's the same overpriced tat with the same cheesy "a great addition to your collection" tagline.

This time it's ten different Humbrol sized tins of paint for the surprisingly low price of £149.50. I don't know how he does it for so little. 🤣

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144194861650?hash=item2192aefa52:g:IvQAAOSw1eJhOz0Z&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoF31vNlWkyBSDAmEN%2BLGhxYQdgi9brU8N4KxB07vyOK%2BtiYB7ouvhHsCz408%2FRq2iFbGR8mVFGOP9%2FcD%2BNM6y8p77VnOYYoQplh7ECa%2FYAgGs540q7dZaMRa6e6xCXV62rt9Q0fj4ei29GkaA6JIkavUsFCf14u64xbTK%2FASk86SdAgxO8EjXJCik%2BLB4u36xcq92H6JD3%2BytAxsAH49CvM%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7itutPMYQ

I like that the paint is HO scale.

Does that mean that there won't be quite enough in the tin to paint one of my 00 scale models and will two tins cover an O scale model?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I like that the paint is HO scale.

Does that mean that there won't be quite enough in the tin to paint one of my 00 scale models and will two tins cover an O scale model?

It'll be like some vintage wine...very collectable but, whatever you do, don't try to use it!

• Funny 6

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I do like the pantograph mounting on this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204247529556?

Blimey, 36 hours without power or t’internet here in the wild and woolly north and all hell breaks loose on here! I like this one, it looks like me after 36 hours without electricity or a shower (thanx, SSEN):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204245381454?

• Friendly/supportive 6

9 hours ago, ianmacc said:

I have to be honest that during uneventful and repetitive lockdown walks I enjoyed scavenging for useful modelling materials such as lichens etc and I amassed a nice collection of car wheel weights and the like including a couple of those bike tyre weights! But they went on the inside of my rolling stock! 

Ianmacc - the official rmweb Womble!

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

23 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Mental picture of peaky blinder squirrels hanging around on street corners, dragging on found fagbutts!

Grey squirrels are addicted to tobacco, and eat the tobacco from discarded butts. As they've never seen the graphic pictures on the packets, they don't realise that they'll get get cancer from their loathsome habit and die an agonizing death from it.  I suppose it's mouth, throat and stomach cancers.

So never eat urban/suburban squirrels, you don't know where they've been....

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

38 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Grey squirrels are addicted to tobacco, and eat the tobacco from discarded butts. As they've never seen the graphic pictures on the packets, they don't realise that they'll get get cancer from their loathsome habit and die an agonizing death from it.  I suppose it's mouth, throat and stomach cancers.

Squirrels=Tree rats. Let them smoke.

However:

Some excellent survival tips there from the people who trained Britain's special forces.

Don't eat squirrels! I can also tell you, only eat seagulls if there's absolutely nothing else!

Tune in next week for another episode of Celebrity Naked and Afraid in Moseley Bog...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

2 hours ago, 40152 said:

Blimey, 36 hours without power or t’internet here in the wild and woolly north and all hell breaks loose on here! I like this one, it looks like me after 36 hours without electricity or a shower (thanx, SSEN):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204245381454?

Damn. 

Another twelve hours like that and we could have had a sequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies....

Which would have been great!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Oh my! (rushes to the freezer...)

• Funny 7

29 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

With no respect due to Donald Trump whatsoever, something tells me he didn't get to be as wealthy as he is by buying scrap cardboard boxes.

Oh I don't know - he had to put all those top secret docs into something. Perhaps Gostude Esq was his official 'box man'!?

• Funny 4