EBay madness

Marcyg

Wow! That's a fairly major three dimensional jigsaw puzzle. Just matching up those parts with the correct models to make complete kits would be a full time job in itself. The problem might be that there isn't a full kit in there, just a pile of disparate parts. A serious punt at £260.

Edited by Swissrail
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Swissrail said:

Wow! That's a fairly major three dimensional jigsaw puzzle. Just matching up those parts with the correct models to make complete kits would be a full time job in itself. The problem might be that there isn't a full kit in there, just a pile of disparate parts. A serious punt at £260.

I reckon there are at least 10 kits there, in various states of completeness.

They are 7mm, so a conservative estimate would be well over a grand's worth, if complete, but how much is missing?

As you say, a job for life matching up all the loose fittings.

To their credit the seller has provided a comprehensive set of photos to give anyone a chance to see what's there.

(don't understand  the Peco point motors though🙂)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Swissrail said:

You'd have to know your stuff to get anything out of this, I would expect that the bidders do and have already matched up enough bits to generate their maximum bid.

I do much the same when buying a garage full of motorcycle parts. Make a fair bid on what I know I can reassemble and the rest I sort out over time.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, melmerby said:

I've put this over to our friends on the Good buy from eBay thread, just in case they've not seen it yet. I imagine some who go in for 7mm stuff would be very interested.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Swissrail said:

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

I reckon there are at least 10 kits there, in various states of completeness.

They are 7mm, so a conservative estimate would be well over a grand's worth, if complete, but how much is missing?

As you say, a job for life matching up all the loose fittings.

To their credit the seller has provided a comprehensive set of photos to give anyone a chance to see what's there.

(don't understand  the Peco point motors though🙂)

Deceased estate?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Did this end up on the WRC driven by Paddy Hopkirk... as its covered in mud...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304854093801?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=B0QqEZEHQF6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=mAE25Fz1QpK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Never knew wood rusted ....

It gets rust stained, though, an important point in weathering wooden wagons.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304854093801?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=B0QqEZEHQF6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=mAE25Fz1QpK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Marty Hopkirk flashback!

• Funny 3

9 hours ago, John Besley said:

The Rocket in the Science Museum ex Brampton Railway is obviously a forgery!

• Funny 5

41 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Wrong spelling of Stephenson too.

A minor point, I gave up when I saw the mispositioned cylinders and the lack of a buffer beam.

If its anything to do with the Stevensons, it looks nothing like a lighthouse or a book...

• Like 1
  • Agree 4