RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

2 hours ago, Weeny Works said:

Our "friends" at Rails have seemingly resorted to selling job lots of Heljan bodyshells!

In fairness 20 each is not bad when you look at what folks charge for triang and the like. There’ll be takers for reliveries improvements or other kit bashing or scratch building attempts 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, ianmacc said:

In fairness 20 each is not bad when you look at what folks charge for triang and the like. There’ll be takers for reliveries improvements or other kit bashing or scratch building attempts 

Definitely, especially when you're looking around for a not too particular thing like "GWR tender body" and start Highest price first:

A 2004 Hornby King tender body for £37.95 plus post?

Nope.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144824994782?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=q0Rp9I2VRQO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3qkTzGg7QRS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

I know, I know, it's Gosturd again but £124 for this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364204911589

Some oxidation to the wheels? Cleaning that off is going to leave it with flats.

I bought a better one the other day for under £50.

It'd be less fuss to buy a new one from Model Rail for a similar price if you really wanted a tram engine!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Pity, not badly built.  Even if you managed to clean the crud off the wheels, those motors won't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

No, but power it up and it will smell like those Christmas lights that have been in your great aunt's attic since Churchill was still alive....

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

51 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

I (don't) like the usage of a big nut and pull string light weight thingy.

That's its charm.  Though I think it could be improved by gluing a domed shirt-button on the front to represent a smokebox door!

What I don't like is the 10 degree angle between the body and the chassis (see photo of underside) so its movement must be a crab-like waddle.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I guess it may be a first attempt by a child modeller?

Quite possibly. But charging thirty four quid for it is nonsense and mendacious chiselling of the highest order! Even the chassis is of dubious worth. That central gearwheel looks like it's been chewed by the dog.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Swissrail said:

Quite possibly. But charging thirty four quid for it is nonsense and mendacious chiselling of the highest order! Even the chassis is of dubious worth. That central gearwheel looks like it's been chewed by the dog.

Ah ha.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium