RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

45 minutes ago, Weeny Works said:

That's cheap!

Good lord how an old pocket rocket Class 06 is worth near enough £100, yes ONE HUNDRED POUNDS!

Even as new it isn't worth that much. Can't wait for Accurascale, Cavalex or Rapido to do a brand new high fidelity version of this, to stop these chiseller's asking stupid prices on these. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

Hmm . It may well be down to my ''old persons'' eyesight but the front right tender steps, decribed as missing, are actually there in the picture but appear a tad wonky. Also no clear picture of the described ''mazapest'' on the leading bogie which actually appears ok, ( again maybe just me being visually challenged)

I wonder if this is a picture of the actual loco for sale or a ''stock picture''?

Kind Regards, Rich

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 hours ago, Hroth said:

Not eBay madness, but Hattons madness.

They want HOW MUCH for a Hornby Class 31 thats turning to dust at both ends?

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1195640/hornby_r2420_po35_class_31_d5512_in_br_green_pre_owned_body_shell_cracked_at_corners_due_to_maza/stockdetail

"Bring out your dead!" - and Hattons will sell them!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I mean, 'mazak rot' shouldn't sound good in any form of sales description?

Not at that price it don't

Rich,

Edited by TinTracks
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Swissrail said:

I think it's hilarious that in describing a loco that sounds as if it's fit for the spares box, they mention that it's got a "very good box" as if that somehow remedies the situation!

Maybe that's where the real value is these days?

J'll get me coat😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

8 hours ago, Hroth said:

Not eBay madness, but Hattons madness.

They want HOW MUCH for a Hornby Class 31 thats turning to dust at both ends?

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1195640/hornby_r2420_po35_class_31_d5512_in_br_green_pre_owned_body_shell_cracked_at_corners_due_to_maza/stockdetail

Body shell cracked at corners due to mazak rot p*** poor quality control at the manufacturers Lois Bidda & Co...

Still, as others have pointed, the box is good, throw the loco away, they only damage the box with their sharp wheel flanges and oil leaks...

Still, as others have 

• Funny 7

14 hours ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

I think Hornby were aware that their R2260 "Manston" was doomed, as they reissued "Manston" as R3249, a Collectors Club model.

I've one definite mazak-rot victim, the R2880 9F, which has a crumbling tender chassis.  Its a former tender drive chassis which I still need to replace with something else. The loco is ok and has loco drive so the tender chassis is passive anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick C said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256046816389

£60 brake van - Still available new from Kernow for £35...

I couldn't resist telling this Ebay chiseller that bad news. Can't wait to see what he comes back with, if anything.

Edit: I've just had this back from the seller...

"Thank you for reaching out to us and highlighting this. I will pass it onto the relevant team in due course. Many thanks."

So they didn't check before snatching a selling price out of thin air...and does no one contact anyone anymore? They always "reach out"! Bl00dy Americanisms. 😡

Edited by Swissrail
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 4

16 hours ago, Swissrail said:

I think it's hilarious that in describing a loco that sounds as if it's fit for the spares box, they mention that it's got a "very good box" as if that somehow remedies the situation!

If a collection doesn't have a full set of locos with mazak rot, it is obviously an incomplete collection.

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Not in the title, but he later describes it as a coach.  The description gives no clue as to whether or not it actually runs, a particularly vital piece of information when it comes to any Mainline loco, not even the excuse that 'I can't test it because I haven't any facilities and have presumably never heard of a 9V battery'.  I'm not in the market for a 4MT, but even if I were I'd pass on this one simply because of the seller's apparent lack of understanding of what it is and the lack of any meaningful information/

Good box, though...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Not in the title, but he later describes it as a coach.  The description gives no clue as to whether or not it actually runs, a particularly vital piece of information when it comes to any Mainline loco, not even the excuse that 'I can't test it because I haven't any facilities and have presumably never heard of a 9V battery'.  I'm not in the market for a 4MT, but even if I were I'd pass on this one simply because of the seller's apparent lack of understanding of what it is and the lack of any meaningful information/

Good box, though...

I don't think the vendor has an appreciation of the importance of box condition either!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1