EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Looks like the penny black for Lima collectors. Could be worth watching... *opens popcorn*

I had a Loadhaul 37 that was mint I picked up for £40. Sold it for £75. 

Seems to me that any orange/black coloured item fetches a premium! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

18 minutes ago, papagolfjuliet said:

I honestly can't make up my mind whether I like this or not. It's quite fun in a way.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256054571138?hash=item3b9e0ab082:g:yzIAAOSwcoBkRuzJ

He's been offering all manner of cut'n shut models for a while all based on the blue pullman. He's single-handledly put a tenner on the price of them as people bid to protect them from his clutches😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

2 hours ago, papagolfjuliet said:

I honestly can't make up my mind whether I like this or not. It's quite fun in a way.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256054571138?hash=item3b9e0ab082:g:yzIAAOSwcoBkRuzJ

Its cute and worth doing to the custard ended varieties, either in the blue or grey liveries. But not to the original blue ended ones!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

On another rmweb thread: 'How do you hide your hinges?' I fear I've been unhinged for years! 🙌

I remember doing something lairy years ago and someone that I barely knew stopped me and with a face full of apparent concern asked:

"Do you suffer with mental health problems?"

I replied: "Not at all, I've learnt to enjoy them!"

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
On 29/04/2023 at 16:59, Sjcm said:

I like the fact he states in the description he's not making another one and then photographs it with another one in the background *facepalm*

I thought that, then realised the one in the background is NOT powered, so is a correct statement. Building such a model around a non-powered bogie, is probably easier than on a powered one.

But I confess, I haven't tried, nor will I be!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, kevinlms said:

I thought that, then realised the one in the background is NOT powered, so is a correct statement. Building such a model around a non-powered bogie, is probably easier than on a powered one.

But I confess, I haven't tried, nor will I be!

I'll take your word for it though I'm struggling to work out who would want a non-powered version. Good luck to him as it's currently at 45 pounds😲, although this one took the biscuit for me. 40 pounds for a poorly painted cut 'n shut coach? I wish I could find these sort of buyers. *digs out two jinty bodies to glue together*

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triang-Grey-Blue-Pullman-Kitchen-Car-Centre-Coach-Hybrid-R556-R426-Boxed/255978165745?pageci=86f998c4-eb58-47ea-ad76-c1d9a4e82947&redirect=mobile

Edited by Sjcm
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

I'll take your word for it though I'm struggling to work out who would want a non-powered version. Good luck to him as it's currently at 45 pounds😲, although this one took the biscuit for me. 40 pounds for a poorly painted cut 'n shut coach? I wish I could find these sort of buyers. *digs out two jinty bodies to glue together*

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triang-Grey-Blue-Pullman-Kitchen-Car-Centre-Coach-Hybrid-R556-R426-Boxed/255978165745?pageci=86f998c4-eb58-47ea-ad76-c1d9a4e82947&redirect=mobile

Can't help looking at that and not thinking of Morecambe and Wise!

Mike.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

I wish I could find these sort of buyers. *digs out two jinty bodies to glue together*

Chimney to chimney, or cab to cab? The correct choice could make all the difference!

Remember there is a prototype for such a pair - I present the Class 13 diesel shunter, where the designers originally got it wrong!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

I love the way the seller tried to claim the cut and shut was possibly some sort of factory produced sample or prototype!  It's cut and shut shed ware mate...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Chimney to chimney, or cab to cab? The correct choice could make all the difference!

Remember there is a prototype for such a pair - I present the Class 13 diesel shunter, where the designers originally got it wrong!

I was thinking two Triang jinty chassis' araldited together, just the one cab and then glueing 3 boilers together. Call it Fowlers prototype heavy shunting loco and Bob's your uncle. Licence to print money😂

Edited by Sjcm
  • Funny 4

I was thinking that it would be fun to try with a Triang Class 37, but the noses are too long.  However the naturally snub-nosed Hornby Class 29 would work nicely...

Quick! Before there's a rush on them and the eBay price rockets!!!

• Funny 4

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

I love the way the seller tried to claim the cut and shut was possibly some sort of factory produced sample or prototype!  It's cut and shut shed ware mate...

And you can barely see the join! 😎

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Hroth said:

However the naturally snub-nosed Hornby Class 29 would work nicely...

Quick! Before there's a rush on them and the eBay price rockets!!!

A Class 17, without the wasteful noses?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 28/04/2023 at 13:35, Weeny Works said:

Seems to me that any orange/black coloured item fetches a premium! 

Absolutely true.  I can't understand why though.  Last month a Hornby ZBA Rudd in Loadhaul livery sold at auction on eBay for £21.00, yet my Dutch liveried example boxed mint only fetched £6.00 a few hours later on the same day receiving only two bidders. Personally I have always disliked the Loadhaul livery and it is not something I would buy.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

54 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

How about two class 20s back to back, with three six wheel bogies beneath?

Apart from the extra bogie, you've just reinvented the Class 58...

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, rka said:

Has anyone seen the crownline 08 chassis kit that is at £254 with four hours remaining? 

I have one of those kits in my stash. It is going to be interesting to what the final bid is going to be.

Terry.

• Like 2