Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

On 22/01/2024 at 21:23, JCL said:

I was looking for photos of my local station when I saw these gems

I have for you here a pile-o-dirt photo as regularly used by children

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235260990446

And also available , mound-o-soil

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234161411328

I have spent my working life around spoil heaps and similar things.  Must have thousands of such pictures.  At £2 a go, could retire easily!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Such wagons are £5-£10 each at exhibitions, usually the higher end, so he's not being too greedy if it's a missed decimal point. 

Hopefully he'll notice eventually.

• Like 2

Just now, MrWolf said:

Looks more like a sheep wagon. 

I thought sheep wagons had higher sides to stop the silly bu@@ers finding the new way to commit suicide?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

36 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I thought sheep wagons had higher sides to stop the silly bu@@ers finding the new way to commit suicide?

Quite possibly, but I've only seen Victorian drawings of such things, with drovers crammed in as well. 

For horses I was thinking more like the cattle truck without a roof type of vehicle, as used by the military, plus of course horses tend to be less suicidal than sheep.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

Assuming (and that may be a rather optimistic assumption) that it really is 00 gauge, then it looks more like a Talyllyn slate wagon in 7mm/ft.

It certainly has the look of a slate wagon, I'd say that is a good bet.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

I suppose you could use the chassis, but.....how do you accidentally melt a loco to this extent? Housefire? Store in a greenhouse? 

Gas mark 7 for 2 hours

Early Triang locos and rolling stock tend to look like that, but in their case its due to the rubbish plastic used back then...

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Early Triang locos and rolling stock tend to look like that, but in their case its due to the rubbish plastic used back then...

Even then, I don’t think Acetate Triang locos warped that bad!

Well… Maybe except the original 1950 Rovex Princess, with roller pickups & acetate chassis (not to be confused with the ‘51 Princess, with the sheet metal chassis and plunger pickups).

• Agree 5

6 hours ago, Sjcm said:

I suppose you could use the chassis, but.....how do you accidentally melt a loco to this extent? Housefire? Store in a greenhouse? 

Gas mark 7 for 2 hours

I'd guess it's been left in that clear plastic box on a sunny windowsill for quite a while.

• Like 4