EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

The fronts are probably the only thing worth anything on the model. It is of course a free listing weekend so the usual tidal wave of rubbish, tired naffness, blank listings and repeats has surfaced once more. Bit like the BBC really...

• Like 4

I've been neglecting eBay for far too long - except for a couple of very targeted niche purchases of wanted books and a few locos. What with my mojo returning with a vengeance I may have a play....

Edited by 'CHARD

Code 3?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ccbc587d7

More like Code Crap to me.... :sarcastichand:

True, but it is only 99p starting price, unlike our friend's seriously overpriced £90 Lima junk model.

Edit Code 3 is 'got at' (true), whereas MIB means 'as new' preferably never removed from the box (not).

Edited by Il Grifone

As if the wheels aren't schizophrenic enough, apparently this is the Duchess of Sutherland...

Still, have no fear - Cartmel to the rescue with a proper one at 'bargain' price.

I have this fetish for Siku 1/55 Forklift trucks - it's an age thing - see http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIKU-No-1722-LINDE-FORKLIFT-PALLETS-MIB-/300680335344?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item4601f1cff0 but for his £22.50 (plus £3.50 postage) I can get three from Germany ......Oooooooo

I thought there were rules about charging unnecssarily extra for postage to avoid paying Ebay fees?

Suposedly - but ebay doesn't seem to apply them - I've seen some really daft postage amounts and been put off bidding. On the otherhand I have bid OTT on ones offering Free postage which has duly arrived with courier service and very well packed.

my personal view is that all postage should be included as the starting price and the variable removed from the transaction (including ebay fees). Foreign shipping would be an extra but the percentage of this must be relatively small.

• RMweb Gold

Or import them yourself?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item483f3c5b02

Mike.

My examples are from Hong Kong, though there are sellers who import then sell on. As regards excessive postage charges, the Chinese are experts at this. I've seen 99p plus over £20 p & p in the past on electronic items.

Or import them yourself?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item483f3c5b02

Mike.

not this seller, but another from china or hong kong, or chinese taipai, or whereever... but i brought a load of lamps, 4 different styles, including yard lamps, about 60 in total, a bucket load of trees, about 400 in different styles and sizes..and about a 1000 figures, painted (ahem) for a bout £100 with free postage, and they were here within a fortnight, and what a healthy sized box it was, packed with goodies

the figures aren't brilliant, a bit garish in colouring, but a wash sorts that out

the trees, though basic, are ideal for bulk planting, a few dabs of hairspry and a roll in in flock....job done

the lights...bargain, cant fault them... or get some of those new ones, that seem to be advertised evrywhere for like £60 for 6

i would rather put out a fire with my face

• Like 1

my personal view is that all postage should be included as the starting price and the variable removed from the transaction (including ebay fees).

But what if you want to pick the item up personally?

Other than that I agree with your post.

It would also result in higher prices, as eBay fees are only charged on the actual selling price. The postal charges are too high as it is (not usually the fault of the sellers).

Edited by Il Grifone