Jerry

Pull yourself together, man. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, queensquare said:

These are getting worse, where’s Mark Fielder when you need him 🤔😁

Been out with a couple of mates of mine,  Curt & Rod.  

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 2mmMark said:

Been out with a couple of mates of mine,  Curt & Rod.  

I need to get your mates round here to finish the job, where do they hang out!

Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The workshop extension finally got its roof covering this morning, the delay was because I was waiting for a mate to find a big enough offcut of the rubber. I also picked up half a skip full of celotex offcuts so I can  fully insulate the interior - I get a real kick from recycling materials.

Must get those doors painted before the winter!

Jerry

E81D28EA-55A4-4027-A491-D32498277A2D.thumb.jpeg.1ce71c5fc1ca30789ddd84e155a76fc6.jpeg

09ACEAE6-3377-4C14-A82B-C335329143F9.thumb.jpeg.8f341e073277596ee6386a593480a295.jpeg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, queensquare said:

. I also picked up half a skip full of celotex offcuts so I can  fully insulate the interior - I get a real kick from recycling materials.

09ACEAE6-3377-4C14-A82B-C335329143F9.thumb.jpeg.8f341e073277596ee6386a593480a295.jpeg

Excellent, well done from a fellow 'skip diver' That stuff is now horrendously expensive!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Re6/6 said:

Excellent, well done from a fellow 'skip diver' That stuff is now horrendously expensive!

I reckon I got about three sheets worth which at around £50 a sheet is a real result. 😀

Jerry

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Re6/6 said:

Lovely stuff Jerry. An excellent amount of Celotex to find. I'm so envious!

I gave up working in mine (uninsulated) yesterday when the mercury hit 35°C!

Indeed, it got pretty warm in there yesterday. I got lucky with the Celotex - my builder mate told me theyre not allowed to skip it so its almost as expensive to get rid of as it is to buy. Brilliant for scavengers like me and  I have enough bits left over to build a small slice of the mendips!!

Jerry

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, queensquare said:

I got lucky with the Celotex - my builder mate told me theyre not allowed to skip it so its almost as expensive to get rid of as it is to buy.

Oh dear. So now you are complicit in criminal activity...

Good stuff, Celotex.  I picked up seven full sheets of 25mm for £140 last weekend to line what I hope will be the Norfolk Area Group meeting room.  It's an old showroom and fully glazed so it was intolerably hot. Celotex is doing its job, must be 30 degrees outside but nice and cool inside.

Now pondering on building baseboards out of the stuff, as per the article in the 2mm magazine a few months ago.

Richard

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, queensquare said:

For those who want to get out of the heat this weekend and into a nice cool building there will be a host of 2mm modelling on display at Railwells in Wells Town Hall. Mick Simpson is heading south for the second time in a month with Pit Hill, Ian Smith is bringing Modbury and I will there with a 2mm demo and the shed area from Bath assisted by Paula Martin who is bringing the 2mm roadshow. Thoughtfully Chris Challis has put us all together in the small room at the rear of the building on the ground floor which, from years of experience at Wells, tends to remain comfortably cool. That said, with the temperatures forecast,I shall be taking a fan!

Jerry

07084F8B-9BBB-4334-91EB-BE8200C4A97A.jpeg.84d5d04626abe07a55838b946dcdbdb4.jpeg

What's the model of Jerry?

Simon

• Funny 5