Bath Queen Square

queensquare

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I read that as skin dipping.

If I have nightmares and struggle to sleep now, I'm blaming you :)

Nice progress on the extension track work Jerry, very envious both of the space and the progress you're making!!! ;) Keep going...

Rich

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Jerry

I think I speak for all of us when I say that the pleasure was our’s.  Many thanks to you and Kim for the hospitality.  As you say, Simon’s Jubilee is superb and your camera has caught it beautifully.  I only wish your camera was a little more forgiving; it hasn’t half shown up all the fettling and touching up I still need to do to the J94!

Regards

John

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I hope I may be excused for asking here as well as in the S&DJR sub-forum, if there are any known / published photos of ex-S&DJR carriages in Southern days - i.e. post-1930 (though 1920s would be interesting too) - especially odd vehicles such as the 4-wheel inspection saloon No. 32A / SR 440S that lasted to 1947?

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 2

I really like your work on this, it captuers the feel really well. There are 4 lines I have a soft spot other than yours, these being the GC, and the  Waverly and SC.

I would like too do models of them all, but probably left it too late.

Cheers
Mr Mac

Edited by mac1960
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Denys Brownlee made a super little model of the Sentinel with one of his handbuilt motors in it.  Not sure where it's ended up but it was, I think, his smallest loco, smaller even than his Midland 0-4-0 saddle tank.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, 2mmMark said:

Denys Brownlee made a super little model of the Sentinel with one of his handbuilt motors in it.  Not sure where it's ended up but it was, I think, his smallest loco, smaller even than his Midland 0-4-0 saddle tank.

I think it’s one that went to the family but not sure - Tim will know. It was indeed a lovely little model.

Jerry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Chuffer Davies said:

Just fabulous Jerry!

Thanks Frank. I’ve struggled to do anything much in the workshop since loosing Jazz and some simple , messy tasks with rapid results was just the the therapy  I needed. I shall be back at the bench this morning making a start on the backlog of things that haven’t been done over the last few weeks.

Jerry

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

If anyone thinks that the garden walls look a bit chunky, take a look at this Google street view in Highbury. I used to live in Coleford and remember how thick our garden walls were.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2428227,-2.4486132,3a,75y,52.53h,85.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sn3fsAO9V93XXSCpdryg3sw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en&entry=ttu

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, phil_sutters said:

If anyone thinks that the garden walls look a bit chunky, take a look at this Google street view in Highbury. I used to live in Coleford and remember how thick our garden walls were.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2428227,-2.4486132,3a,75y,52.53h,85.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sn3fsAO9V93XXSCpdryg3sw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en&entry=ttu

The walls are laser cut foam from Osbornes and are surprisingly effective with the great advantage  of  easily following the slope of the garden - they will be dry brushed when I paint the cottage walls to further blend them in. I saw them in use on Nigel Ashton’s Drys y Nant.

16 minutes ago, CF MRC said:

Communal toilets for the block? Don’t forget the tin bath(s). 

Tim

Tin baths definitely Tim.

Still debating toilet provision. I may add another pair in the centre of the block and I do have a couple of little single stall wooden ‘thunder box’ earth closets which could go at the bottom of the garden although two toilets for a block of four cottages would not be unusual. I shall play around with various configurations and see what looks best. 
This is the sort of look I’m after - albeit a century earlier. The garden shed is too modern but the other little buildings look suitable.

Jerry

IMG_2084.jpeg.1bb4144d2bdacd7c518439975b629212.jpeg

• Like 11