Bath Queen Square

queensquare

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, queensquare said:

….and here they are in situ. The aluminium angle to the left of them is where the old loaded/empty cassettes docked on the colliery. These will go but not sure what’s going in that space yet.

IMG_2213.jpeg.32f2072d6023fe44e16d9c6c738fa6b1.jpeg

I have a good selection of small buildings to choose from. This batch includes a couple of plate layers huts but also sheds, thunder boxes, a pigeon coop and some beehives. A lot of miners kept a pig so that’s another possibility. I want it to be interesting without being twee!

Jerry

IMG_2212.jpeg.cd88267f962e18f5151b338387ee4d73.jpeg

Are these kit-built scratchbuilt or ready to plonk structures Jerry?

Simon

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, 65179 said:

Are these kit-built scratchbuilt or ready to plonk structures Jerry?

Simon

All of the above!

The two plate layers huts are really nice little etches from Severn models, the others are a combination of some resin castings I picked up in a rummage box - unknown origin - and plasticard. With 20’ x 10’ to fill they’ll all find a home!

Jerry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, queensquare said:

I have a good selection of small buildings to choose from. This batch includes a couple of plate layers huts but also sheds, thunder boxes, a pigeon coop and some beehives. A lot of miners kept a pig so that’s another possibility. I want it to be interesting without being twee!

How about a model of your model railway shed (full interior detail of course)  🙂

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

looks good Jerry.   You should have made a pigscott  a square of garden walls basically with a dividing wall partway across and one side roofed over.  An entry gate in the open side. When we had one I raised the roof and covered it all for a layout but it got taken over by the ducks. I do you a sketch if you want. Although it might be too big for one of those gardens

Don

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Simon D. said:

How about some Modelu N gauge rats?  Lurking under the pigeon coop.

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product/31103/

They actually come out quite well. 

Bit small to worry about in 2mm!

4 hours ago, CF MRC said:

If you have chickens, you have rats. You could also have Peter Rabbit.
IMG_8956.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=b

Tim

We have chickens so almost certainly have rats though I never see them - except the remains of an occasional dead one. I suspect our two cats and the numerous other cats belonging to our neighbours keep things under control! Living in a rural area I’m not too bothered about rats, they perform a very useful function clearing up the mess we humans leave behind!

I have a couple of rabbits on the colliery Tim. Kim used to complain that the uncoupling magnets weren’t marked - you had to remember where they were - so I added a couple of rabbits, their little white tails being just about sufficiently visible! 😊

Jerry

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Here is my Peter Rabbit on Freshwater, with some of his un-named family:

rabbits1.jpg.f95bc0c2f55dffcbbfed674e4234ee03.jpg

Also plenty of cats and a couple of foxes to keep them in check. I only purchased a pack of 5 rabbits from Modelu, but I seem to have a couple of dozen now.

53191072331_653a316af5_o.jpg.05befa29fc9de7dfc10d07bc86cc7209.jpg

• Like 11
  • Funny 7

19 hours ago, queensquare said:

Pigs, barrow, bath and bike - I think that will do! This has been a really enjoyable little fireside project. Hopefully I’ll find time over Christmas to work up the ground around it.

Jerry

IMG_2231.jpeg.8857236873a9011de0409ca102d48e77.jpegIMG_2234.jpeg.effafc903096f3c79e2fbe44dd86fa00.jpeg

I thought that first sentence was your Xmas list for Santa

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lambiedg said:

I thought that first sentence was your Xmas list for Santa

Its a pretty good list. We always have pork for Christmas, I could do with a new barrow, I always have a bath at Christmas whether I need one or not and who doesn’t love a new bike!! 😊

Jerry

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, queensquare said:

I was sent to the workshop for a couple of hours this evening as kim had rapping to do ...

Nice! Expanding her repertoire? Adding a bit of Snoop Dogg etc to the usual classics?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, queensquare said:

I was sent to the workshop for a couple of hours this evening as kim had rapping to do so I thought I’d knock up some puddin’  and bed in the cottages. The puddin’ consists of sculptamold mixed with water, pva and a squirt of paint to give a colour that can only be described sludge!

IMG_2261.jpeg.16216c9c6b64aa870b219c1cd9260664.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg.39f5f7dbf5f7bf31b3248bc00d591158.jpeg

Before spreading the mixture around I slipped some shiny plasticard between the boards so that I could take them apart should the need ever arise. The cottages, which straddle the join, are removable.

IMG_2266.jpeg.069d998e5dd1eb2a77124ea4ab91b668.jpeg

I’m still undecided about the rather nice plaster cast thatched cottage.

Tomorrow I’m charged with entertaining our two grandsons in the workshop whilst kim and our daughters prep our big family meal - the only day of the year I don’t do the cooking! 
Expect some high speed running on the N gauge roundy, roundy - what fun !!

Jerry

Looking good Jerry. I like the new vistas this is opening up. Have fun tomorrow!

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, 65179 said:

Nice! Expanding her repertoire? Adding a bit of Snoop Dogg etc to the usual classics?

Spellcheck !! - although we did once do Subterranean Homesick Blues - proto rapping!

4 minutes ago, mullie said:

Available on YouTube or your preferred streaming service?

We are on YouTube - blues and Americana but no rapping!

Jerry

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Spellcheck !! - although we did once do Subterranean Homesick Blues - proto rapping!

We are on YouTube - blues and Americana but no rapping!

Jerry

Yeah, Bob Dylan isn't really singing at the best of times, is he? 😉

I'll get my coat...

Simon

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 65179 said:

Yeah, Bob Dylan isn't really singing at the best of times, is he? 😉

I'll get my coat...

Simon

With his guitar & harmonica rack, I think he missed a trick by not strapping cymbals to his knees, a drum on his back and adding a kazoo.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6