Wyre Forest Show at Worcester 10-11 March

Tim V

A cheeky bump to shunt this to the top of the list!

If anyone is in the vicinity of Worcester this weekend (see link for directions) I can heartily reccomend a day at our show. I will be marshalling cars in the vast expanses of free parking so if you see me shivering in a coat and high vis jacket do say hello!

http://www.wyrefores...ion%20page.html

82G

"0" GAUGE

B.R. ENGINE SHED

ABBEY ROAD

4mm

MODERN IMAGE UNDERGROUND LAYOUT

BAD BODERAN

HO GERMAN

GERMANY LAKE CONSTANCE c1920

BANBURY

N GAUGE

MODERN IMAGE PRESENT DAY

BANK HALL SIDINGS

S SCALE

B.R. 1960s

CALIFORNIA LEVELS

6mm : 1/50th Scale

NORTH YORKSHIRE (LEAD MINING) 1900/1920 ISH

CLUTTON

P4 18.83mm

BR /WESTERN REGION

HALIFAX KINGS CROSS

P4 18.83mm

B.R. N.E.R c1960

HELM LEASING

HO AMERICAN

NORTH AMERICAN

KAYREUTH

N GAUGE

GERMAN N GAUGE MODERN IMAGE

LEICESTER SOUTH (GC)

4mm fine Scale

BR EASTERN REGION 1948-1957 BR MIDLAND REGION 1948-1963

MARSH CHIPPING

N GAUGE

B.R WESTERN REGION

OULTON TMD

4mm

MODERN IMAGE 1990'S

PARKHOUSE

N GAUGE

NORTH STAFFS 1977-1979

PEN-Y-MADOC

4mm EM GAUGE

MID WALES LATE 1930's

ROWLANDS CASTLE

4mm/00

SOUTHERN RAILWAY 1944

SMALL N WORKING

N GAUGE

VARIOUS

THAT DAM RAILWAY

WELSH MOUNTAIN RAILWAY EARLY 1920'S

I shall be there on the Sunday,

Need to get some bits from MSE and Greenscene. as well as have a good nose round the layouts.

You may recognise me from the avatar picture, I won't be wearing a RMWeb badge though.

BTW if you fancy buying the coffees it's two sugars in mine!

Cheers!

Frank

PS

Just edited to add ....there was some confusion.

Some think my layout Pen Y Bont is there IT ISN'T!

It's PEN Y MADOC! (NOT mine)

Hope that clears things up.

• RMweb Premium

Shame you and I will be there different days Mike it would be nice to have met up again.

see you some other time maybe?

Cheers!

Frank

It is a shame Frank , I'd happily have bought the coffee's . Definately hope to meet you again , maybe

Stafford open day if you are going .

All the best .

Mike .

most of the layouts had been set up last night by the time I left.

Hopefully it will be a good show this year as there are some really cracking layouts there. A few of the club members and traders that got a little chance to look round the layouts last night made some good comments about some of layouts especially Clutton.

Hope to see you there

Alistair

• RMweb Gold

Much enjoyed my visit to the show - friendly organizers, operators and traders plus it has the added bonus of being a 10 minute walk from my house. Only criticism I would make is the number of derailments I saw and 'hand of God' interventions required plus electrical and DCC problems. I'm not saying that the standards on my home layout are better but I go to exhibitions to be inspired tho I suppose it is some comfort that problems like these are visited upon the best of us!

I enjoyed the show nice hall shame about the parking but can not have it all.

At least it wasn't raining.

Popped in with Mr angell

I was impressed with the show, nice layouts good trade support, didn't seem particually busy which is a shame. Will have to spend more time there next year

Finally managed to get to this show, first time I have attended since moving from Kidderminster some time ago, I always seemed to be at work when this show was on but not any more since retiring.

The car park was virtually full when I got there at 09:45 but managed to park OK it's a busy place that leisure centre!

Much enjoyed my visit to the show - friendly organizers, operators and traders plus it has the added bonus of being a 10 minute walk from my house. Only criticism I would make is the number of derailments I saw and 'hand of God' interventions required plus electrical and DCC problems. I'm not saying that the standards on my home layout are better but I go to exhibitions to be inspired tho I suppose it is some comfort that problems like these are visited upon the best of us!

To be quite honest I found the same thing happening on Sunday, Whilst I was quite impressed by the standard of modelling and the quality of the layouts I was a little disappointed by some of the layouts running.

I stood and watched one well known layout for what seemed ages and only saw one train movement, Others must have had the same problem as yesterday as there was quite a bit of finger poking going on even on the DCC stuff which is unusual. I can't be too critical though because i have had to resort to finger prodding myself on the odd occasion.

Having said that it was all in all a good show with a fair balance of scales, gauges and eras to be seen.

I met Andrew of Wizard/MSE and purchased some signaling bits for Morfa Bach, I also topped up with items from Greenscene for the same job.

Didn't take any pictures though so sorry if you were expecting any.

Didn't bump into any RMWebbers either unless you were keeping your ID secret!

Cheers!

Frank

went to the show today first time in the new venue, I only went to see one layout mainly, but not saying which one!

all the layouts and trade on show were of a very good standard and enjoyed most of them some layouts did seem to be having a few problems

but put that down to the temperture in the hall.

I attended the show this afternoon. I have supported the show for many years and I thought the show itself was excellent. There were a number of layouts that impressed me, though one layout was spoilt by a finger appearing over the baseboard to change one of the points.

However, I am not over-impressed with the venue. I found the hall itself quite poorly lit, and I think the catering arrangements in the leisure centre are inadequate. I do realise why the club shifted to this venue. I just wish I could suggest a somewhere better!

• RMweb Gold

Had a good journey back from Worcester to Surrey - about 2 hours 30 minutes. Layout now unloaded.

We had a few problems with Banbury, mainly uncoupling between container wagons for some reasong which didnt happen at the layouts previous shows. A bit of glue in the couplings sorted most of the problems by Saturday afternoon.

Most of our problems were operator error and that includes me!

Will post more detailed issues on my Banbury thread.

We did enjoy the show with some very good layouts there, some coming from much further than us. Very nice guest house we had too.

A well organised show from our viewpoint as exhibitors.

Ian

Good exhibition. Venue is fine, no parking problems at mid day on Sunday and none last year. To me the comparison is Kidderminster.......a car park mess. Easy to get too and not crowded.

Good layouts, Leicester South was superb. A goods yard that was uncrowded and spacious with lovely working wagon turntables.

Just got back from Worcester,4 hours, had a great weekend( some cracking pubs and beer)

Helm worked great all weekend, no problems at all,(everyone will have to turn to the darkside for better running!!)

venue was ok,but poor lighting, good b & b

Ray

from deepest west cumbria

P.S Ian,sorry you didn't get in the dragon saturday night,forgot to tell you about the back door, doh!!

• RMweb Gold

Ray

Glad you had a good journey. We though you might have got caught on the M6 as there were variuos traffic reports suggesting problems on your route.

At least we did the Dragon on Friday night and we had a fair few pints by the time we reached the locked door of the Dragon on Saturday night. Worth knowing about the back door though!

Ian

I seemed to miss the bad running when I was watching layouts there, and really enjoyed my visit. My impression was that the exhibition managers had made an excellent selection of high quality layouts of varied prototypes. I also thought the trade a good selection. I worry about what the car parking could be like in bad weather though, and I found the ambient lighting a little dim- if I was taking a layout to Worcester, I'd be sure to have my own lighting.

Overall, a show I'm very glad I went to.

Thanks for all of the nice comments about the exhibition which I will pass on to our exhibition team on tuesday.

I worry about what the car parking could be like in bad weather though, and I found the ambient lighting a little dim- if I was taking a layout to Worcester, I'd be sure to have my own lighting.

Overall, a show I'm very glad I went to.

This is the one thing that we are worried about but in the 2 years that we have been there we have only had light showers that have not affected us.

With regards to lights this is one stipulation that we put on to any layout bookings is that they need to have their own light units due to the arrangements in the hall.

BWSR

I attended the show this afternoon. I have supported the show for many years and I thought the show itself was excellent.

However, I am not over-impressed with the venue. I found the hall itself quite poorly lit, and I think the catering arrangements in the leisure centre are inadequate. I do realise why the club shifted to this venue. I just wish I could suggest a somewhere better!

unfortunately the issues that you have highlighted are beyond the clubs control.

There are very few venues in the area that can offer us the amount of floor space that we require the only other venue is the Malvbern Show ground, however the issues regarding this is that as the show stands now there is just not enough in our pot to enable us to attempt to hold an exhibition there.

There was an issue with parking on sunday morning and we really did wish that all of the cars parked there were attending the exhibition but they were there for the football, jogging club and the classes being held at the centre.

I would like to say thanks to everyone who attended the show and look forward to you all coming back next year.

Alistair

Archived