The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

As promised...

533069000352.jpg

60013 rounds the curve at Crofton on 6A74 Whatley - Theale, sounding and looking superb 8/3/11

537069000352.jpg

60096 passing the Wilts and Berks canal near Wootton Bassett on 6B33 Theale - Robeston 8/3/11

It's rather nice having these 60s around at the moment :THUMBSUP:

cheers

jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dave, heavy rain maketh the shot! Much better than drizzle or white cloud :D

Hope your feeling better btw

jo

I'm good thanks Jo.

Started a little topic here which has Pinkie shots.

Noted getting fuel in Tees Yard yesterday afternoon while still attached to 6D11 Lackenby - Scunny. :blink:

Worked the same train this afternoon and if sources are correct will do the same tomorrow. It should be on its way back north somewhere near York as I type.

Mike Wiltshire

No need to presume Geoff - it was 60013 on St Pancras - Whatley empties

Started a little topic here which has Pinkie shots.

Very nice too! DBS red always looks a bit stark against maroon coal hoppers!

cheers

jo

• RMweb Gold

No need to presume Geoff - it was 60013 on St Pancras - Whatley empties

Very nice too! DBS red always looks a bit stark against maroon coal hoppers!

cheers

jo

Ta

Seen reports of a possible double header now, down South Wales, 60074 rescuing 60096 at Whitland ( - Margam)

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see the number of 60s in the operational pool on the up.

I notice that there are now three 60s at Warrington including 040 and also 59201. Is the super shed there to take over one of the FF circuit diagrams? Perhaps Beast or 40044 might be able to advise. Thanks in advance.

Interesting reading here: http://www.rail.co/2011/01/18/db-schenker-rail-invests-in-super-60-high-power-locomotives/

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else on here but it looks to me, very much like a reprieve for the class (or selected members anyway!).

Fingers crossed anyway!

This was discussed on this thread at the time of the announcement. The first loco, 60007, was due to completed about now but she's still in bits at Toton so the job's obviously a bit more drawn out than they first expected.

Good to see the number of 60s in the operational pool on the up.

I notice that there are now three 60s at Warrington including 040 and also 59201. Is the super shed there to take over one of the FF circuit diagrams? Perhaps Beast or 40044 might be able to advise. Thanks in advance.

59202 has replaced 60011 on the LBT/FF circuit this afternoon. 59201 is still on repairs at Warrington, 60040 is the Arpley pilot for a couple of weeks.

59202 has replaced 60011 on the LBT/FF circuit this afternoon. 59201 is still on repairs at Warrington, 60040 is the Arpley pilot for a couple of weeks.

Thanks 40044, I presume the plan is to use the 59/2s on the FF circuit replacing 60s? Is that because there is less work for the 59s in the Mendips?