If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

• RMweb Premium

Another view of 60007 on its first revenue working - 6F93 St Pancras to Ketton.

Reported as failed and rescued by a skip........................... I'm waiting for it to turn up on 6F94................

Cheers,

Mick

The Red DB Livery Strikes again, how many read locos have died once they have had that livery applied to them?

Pete

With 07 failed , now back at Toton, 11 failed at Warrington awaiting a tow to Toton, thats both red ones out. Now 19 failed at Margam, not a good week for the 60's. Only six class 60's in traffic as of this morning.

Mike Wiltshire

Edited by Coach bogie

Thats because 37419 and 670 were merely repainted. A real POTOS (Paint On Top Of S***) job!! 670 came off Margam in a right 2 and 8!

It doesn't matter what manufacturer built them - its the maintenence regimes that keep em going! or not....!

Edited by big T

when 37670 was brought back into service it was badly faded, no maintainence was carried out as far as im aware (?) ... no wonder it failed , a shame really and with all of DBs 37s gone to DRS now, how many will keep thier original livery?

NL

It doesn't help matters when the wrong oil is used........

• RMweb Premium

Spotted 60 040 (the 'Army' liveried one!) hauling (coal?) hoppers, crossing the M6 motorway somewhere to the south of Thelwall viaduct on Saturday 10th September, probably about 17.30-18.00 hours.

Sorry I can't be more specific, was driving (& towing!) at the time!

Cheers,

John E.

60040 is currently on the Tunstead-Oakleigh Brunner Mond circuit. Post#1016 shows 040 on the same working. See #1002 and #1065 for the same working with other tugs

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Nice one Trev, Water Orton is one of those places I've wanted to visit for a while

Here's the same train a wee while earlier, just west of Cam & Dursley near Gossington

post-6899-0-34373000-1316211810_thumb.jpg

Looks like the weather followed it north! I wonder if any other members snapped 6E41 yesterday?

jo