Photo Call! 2mm Layouts Out and About at Exhibitions

Pixie

• RMweb Premium

I was, sort of, hoping to get an invite to Doncaster so I could get the full set of plaques. I have the ones for Alley Palley and Bristol, and left a gap on the fiddle yard display board just in case.

plaques.jpg.4ece2d4ebd93016a8ab9ff9c785f3aea.jpg

Edited by Ian Morgan
Added photo
  • Like 4

I found myself in York for a couple of weeks back in November & visited the NRM to pay my respects to this old stager - not the easiest thing to photograph, but hopefully you get the idea 🙂

I&D - NRM, 1st November 2023 (2).JPG

I&D - NRM, 1st November 2023 (3).JPG

I&D - NRM, 1st November 2023 (4).JPG

I&D - NRM, 1st November 2023 (5).JPG

I&D - NRM, 1st November 2023 (6).JPG

I&D - NRM, 1st November 2023 (7).JPG

I&D - NRM, 1st November 2023 (8).JPG

I&D - NRM, 1st November 2023 (9).JPG

Edited by Pyewipe Jct
  • Like 13

• 2 months later...

The 2mmSA Forth and Clyde Area Group manned the Further North roadshow at a very busy Glasgow show this weekend. We opted not to bring Mearns Shed due to space issues. Jim Watt and Simon Hadwin are doing the explaining here; Martin Macintosh also happily kept visitors abreast of his weathering techniques.20240224_152951.jpg.4e39093252204411951d97cdb15623ea.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I know nothing about 2mm.

I want to buy track and not build it. There are several manufacturers of it.

My layout will be early 1980s British Rail. What is the ´finest´ most detailed track that is off the shelf.

Is it peco bullhead?

Thank you

If you want ready made track you will have to stick with N-gauge standards.   Sorry, can't help with the 'finest' RTR track.  Having said that 2FS Easitrac plain track and turnouts are straight forward to assemble. For turnouts all the parts are provided, ready prepared.

Jim

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, SouthernBlue80s said:

Hi

I know nothing about 2mm.

I want to buy track and not build it. There are several manufacturers of it.

My layout will be early 1980s British Rail. What is the ´finest´ most detailed track that is off the shelf.

Is it peco bullhead?

Thank you

There is no ready-to-lay 2mm 2FS track, I think there might be quite a few people using it if there were! Peco track is 9mm N gauge, either code 55 or code 80. Both are flatbottom. Code 55 is 'finer' than code 80. British Finescale produce N gauge Bullhead in both N gauge and 2FS which looks far better, but these are kits not RTL.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

It was lovely to see Burnham-On-Sea again at the Basingstoke show this weekend. I thought I had taken a photo, but now I find no sign of it on my phone. I also intended to capture a video of the man winding the winch for the lifeboat that is working again now, but I forgot to do that as well.

Memory like a ...... round thing with holes in it?

I blame the meds

Edited by Ian Morgan
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...