Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

Mick look excellent and you have to look hard to see any very minor issue as you say photos are so cruel and make any minor blemish stand out I expect in the flesh you wouldn't even notice.

I don't know what it is about digital camera and digital images someone needs to invent a special setting for photographing models

• RMweb Premium

I know this is going back a wee bit Mick, but I was just wondering what colour you used for the WCR maroon coaches you did? The WCR colour seems totally different to BR Maroon.

Edited by Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

I know this is going back a wee bit Mick, but I was just wondering what colour you used for the WCR maroon coaches you did? The WCR colour seems totally different to BR Maroon.

It depends on which WCRC coach you look at and when it was painted.

I've used Humbrol maroon for the main colour, but some had grey primer and others red primer to create a variation in top shade.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Great job on the translator coaches Mick. I'm thinking of doing exactly the same pair for myself. I. Not great on coaches but what were the starting vehicles?

Thanks

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

They are a pair of Bachmann BSKs with Commonwealth bogies.

I often try and use a donor vehicle as close as possible to that used for the prototype - it usually means less window filling/moving. In the case of these two, it was window painting.......

Oh and thanks to Phil mc for providing me with pair of buckeye buffing plates.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Having been pleased last week with the successful testing of a 67/Mk3/DVT Arriva Wales set on New Bryford, I've set to on a quickie project to update the EWS manager's train to DB branding.

As per this pic:11039

The existing beasties and EWS logos were carefully removed with T-cut. The FO has had the corridor cut off at one end and blanked out and handrails fitted (they still need painting) I've also added the RCH and MU cable boxes - picked out in orange. Replacement decals are being sourced from a well-known supplier

Usual cruel close-up pics

post-408-0-01448200-1454888142_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-41907800-1454888144_thumb.jpg

I think the roof needs repainting with a darker shade.

It won't be deadly accurate, but certainly not straight out of the box.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick,

Saw this rake of autoballasters today, don't know why they made me think of you ! :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Phil.

JJAs and not HQAs.

Interesting!

(It's a HQA at the far end though)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

I don't know enough about them, so I'll take your word for it !!

From what I can make out from all the pics I took of them, from L-R the numbers are-

??910 ??923 12909 12943 12927

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

I don't know enough about them, so I'll take your word for it !!

From what I can make out from all the pics I took of them, from L-R the numbers are-

??910 ??923 12909 12943 12927

Cheers,

Phil.

Deffo JJAs, as they're JJA numbers.

The easy way to distinguish between a HQA and JJA are the large rectangular brackets along the chassis. JJA have them, HQA don't. the other obvious difference are different bogie types. There are other differences between them, but those are the most obvious two.

Also one of the JJA set has a flat top. 12910/12909 are ex-Carilion liveried  - notice the blue stripe just below the yellow band.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mick,

Saw this rake of autoballasters today, don't know why they made me think of you ! :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Phil.

funnily enough i saw those last week passing basford hall but couldnt get my camera out quick enough to grab a shot

i had the same thought when i saw them too, "ooh one for mick"

in theory could you cut out the interior and a bit of the chassis of the autoballaster and then use the base of one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/351307424860?adgroupid=13585920426&hlpht=true&hlpv=2&rlsatarget=aud-133395220866%3Apla-131843266866&adtype=pla&ff3=1&lpid=122&poi=&ul_noapp=true&limghlpsr=true&googleloc=1007366&device=c&chn=ps&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0&ff12=67&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80

then surely that would allow you to fill the autoballaster with the ballast then pull it around the layout with a sutable loco you would need a glue dispenser travelling behind the autoballaster though