Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

• RMweb Premium

The WCRC set is mostly there (still awaiting a couple of custom decals for the Pullmans)

post-408-0-94366200-1440189570_thumb.jpg

In there are the support coach for the K1 62005. The Super GUV 94255 and the generator van 6312.

The odd Pullman liveried vehicle is 99354, "The Hadrian Bar", courtesy of a Bachmann Bargain

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45726467@N02/13019113814/in/photolist-eotH2N-kQsmds-kQsmXy-eotHYW-fuJfgr-6qhpY6-awF2q4-rCKezZ-axeqwg-dvW22o-9vuPy8

Modernised by adding the orange cantrail stripe and new OHE flashes.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 12

So there may well be a steam special on NB at the coming show then?

Knowing you, nothing less than smoke, lit lamps, firebox glow, sound and working inside motion will suffice!

Jack.

Edited by Jack374

• RMweb Premium

So there may well be a steam special on NB at the coming show then?

Knowing you, nothing less than smoke, lit lamps, firebox glow, sound and working inside motion will suffice!

Jack.

Steam test - yes, railtour no. Too many passengers!

K1's don't have inside motion. :tongue2:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

Steam test - yes, railtour no. Too many passengers!

K1's don't have inside motion. :tongue2:

Ah right, ok! It could be an ECS as well...

On another note, what extra decals are needed for the Pullmans? I've got one to do, so if you could give us a hint as to where the transfers are from......... ;)

Thanks,

Jack.

• RMweb Premium

Ah right, ok! It could be an ECS as well...

On another note, what extra decals are needed for the Pullmans? I've got one to do, so if you could give us a hint as to where the transfers are from......... ;)

Thanks,

Jack.

Hi Jack,

the wcrc pullmans have lining and numbers in panels. Hopefully Railtec will be my saviour.......

Will explain more in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

The WCRC set is mostly there (still awaiting a couple of custom decals for the Pullmans)

Decals are now available and duly ordered. Dunno if I'll get anything done with them before Blackburn Ex though.

Cheers,

Mick

Not meaning to hijack your thread Mick, but here is something i thought you might be interested in...

It is my NMT set. I have slowly but surely built up the 5 coaches, and just received the power cars in the latest release from Hornby last month. I still have a FGW buffet to repaint but its not far off completion. I also need to add the pantograph to one of the TGS's. Not exactly prototypical as you would be the first to notice but near enough for me. Hopefully sometime in the near future it will be complete...

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I need to crack on with my PFA's (awaiting a LLW box - Mike?).

I've fitted them with #26 Kadees and the height is pretty much spot on.

The kit comes with a bar-type coupler between wagons. I guess the easy fix for tension locks is a simple loop of wire on the end wagon and use the hook of the loco to drag it.

Cheers,

Mick

(With apologies to "I haven't got my PFA's yet Jack")

I've had a bit of a go at the PFA flats the other week and took the opportunity to give them a test run on New Bryford at this weekend's exhibition.

I have four of them and in between vehicles, there is a simple hook and loop. The "outer" wagons have been fitted with Kadee #26's which have been mounted at the correct height by cutting out part of the buffer beam and chassis members and glueing them directly to the etched floor.

Because the wagons are very light (although they can be weighted with a load, I want to be able to run them empty), the hook mustn't put any vertical pressure on the bar, or one of them lifts up - this is exacerbated by the small wheels.

post-408-0-25243900-1441496487_thumb.jpg

A bit of filler will be added around the coupler cutout

post-408-0-12234200-1441496501_thumb.jpg

On test on NB

post-408-0-15810100-1441496470_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-70297000-1441496460_thumb.jpg

I'll finish them off for the next exhibition in February.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 19

Hi Mick, 

Those PFA's look brilliant! Look forward to seeing them progress! Those white metal (?) buffers look 10x better than the modules ones on the headstock, where did you get them from? Glad I didn't start priming mine yesterday now! 

post-26471-0-63180800-1441540715.jpg

Regards

Ali

Edited by Pegleg90
  • Like 5

Yeah....looking good both...ahem.....sniff.... :/

It was great to run NB at the the weekend, I've learnt loads that can only be picked up 'first hand', and will be invaluable in the future. As an aside we ran a mega flask train with 2x37s, 3x20s and 5x flasks today...piccies later with some of Mick's other stock (when I've uploaded them).

Thanks,

Jack.

Edited by Jack374
  • Like 2

I thought it best to put the pictures in a gallery, so here's the link: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/3741-new-bryford-belmrs-blackburn-exhibition-2015/

Of note are Mick's PFAs in the first picture of the nuclear consist (late on the Saturday) and all the yellow goodies as seen preciously on this thread.

Once again many thanks to Mick and team for letting me loose on NB.

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick, 

Those PFA's look brilliant! Look forward to seeing them progress! Those white metal (?) buffers look 10x better than the modules ones on the headstock, where did you get them from? Glad I didn't start priming mine yesterday now! 

attachicon.gifIMG_6093.JPG

Regards

Ali

The buffers are from Wizard Models. I've already done the frames for stepping the container above the wheels - as you've done. I have a couple of unusual ideas for loads - apart from the LLW containers.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Back to the WCRC rake and the Pullmans.

I've started to apply the transfers from Railtec.

The lining is made up of four sections - top, bottom and the two ends (the ends include the "twiddly" bits)

The numbers are another separate panel.

post-408-0-92202500-1442608776_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-74278100-1442608778_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Steve at Railtec for the transfers - which include end data panels and other details. They're so good, I ordered another Bachmann Pullman to repaint.............

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The latest workbench model is well underway.

post-408-0-72571800-1445641544_thumb.jpg

A pair of BG's with various windows and doors blanked out.

Unfortunately I can't reveal a prototype pic as those that I'm fortunate to have aren't mine.......

Once the paint goes on, all wil be revealed.

Hopefully, work will begin on a larger project soon that is very appropriate for my DL layout.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick,

If they are what I think they are, I hope your going to rub the filler down just enough that you can make out where the windows were !!  :mosking:

Cheers,

Phil.

If they are what you think they are, then the other solution is to cut some VERY thin window overlays. I've bought a new toy for my workbench with that in mind......

Cheers,

Mick