The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Mother's Day Card Misprint

S.A.C Martin

So I was looking for a Mother's Day card, and I found the perfect one.

post-1656-0-94054800-1331922241.jpg

Since I'm spending the day working and not at home, I wanted to be able to present my mother with it prior to the day, tomorrow.

So I went to write on the inside of this card, and I found this:

post-1656-0-19941500-1331922257_thumb.jpg

So in short, with little time to pop up to the shops to get a card (currently on standby and doing my reports), I'm more or less going to make one to replace this card.

That being the case, I will be contacting the manufacturer and vendor shortly to let them know. I'm not so much angry as I am genuinely finding it hilarious, if it's not a one-off...!

Most cards are wrong. It should be Mothering Sunday or Mothers' Day.

Mothering Sunday, a religious day, when people visited their mother church rather than their parish church, and so would encounter their mothers and family, now observed for the latter reason in the UK. IMHO any referece to Mother's, Mothers' or anything that isn't Mothering Sunday is wrong

</pedant mode>

Mothering Sunday, a religious day, when people visited their mother church rather than their parish church, and so would encounter their mothers and family, now observed for the latter reason in the UK. IMHO any referece to Mother's, Mothers' or anything that isn't Mothering Sunday is wrong

</pedant mode>

Rather than correct again this misinformation simply refer to this post

Archived