New Layout - New Chapel Street

uglykidjoe

Just re-reading some of this thread.....

It's still a winner for me

and I think the way you have carefully thought out your building positions has paid off...

... a little bit of tinkering & adjusting has resulted in a natural looking environment for the railway

and I really like the newer extensions etc

It looks like it has "evolved" as railways & their hinterland do...

Cheers again

Thanks Marc. I will get some pictures done soon, as I have been messing around trying to hide the edge of the tall Kibri buildings so that don't look like a scenic flat.

I have used some parts left over from the Kibri kit to represent the type of lifts that were quite often grafted onto the outside of mill buildings, this has been placed on the left hand edge.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

The area on the right hand side is nearly finished now, just need to secure the gate and finish the wall by the access ramp.

post-8200-0-76717500-1349353139.jpg

As I mentioned earlier I have added a lift to the left edge of the mill buildings to hide the flat low relief look..

post-8200-0-21334400-1349353323.jpg

post-8200-0-21626000-1349353418.jpg

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks David.

Today I started the facia and lighting board which should help frame the layout particularly as the layout is at eye level.

I am also thinking about putting a tall building on the left to hide the exit in the backscene. I have a spare Kibri tower which looks to be about the correct width.

Also found I can still get the car in the garage with the layout setup.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...I am also thinking about putting a tall building on the left to hide the exit in the backscene. I have a spare Kibri tower which looks to be about the correct width...

Steve

Hi Steve,

Looking good sir....

Sounds like a good plan

I am a fan of having several entrances / exits

And placing a structure like a tower as view blocker is a good idea

It can make for a neat, natural-looking view blocker

Just the sort of thing that happens in real life

Am looking forward to seeing it in place,

and further progress on the layout

You've made some good changes as you progress,

and taken carefully considered decisions....

All in all, it's evolving nicely :)

Cheers again

Marc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Due to work commitments, for the first time in what seems like months I have been able to do a bit.

post-8200-0-81143000-1365078534.jpg

I have added another building at the rear to hopefully finally disguise the flat look of the low relief buildings at the rear

post-8200-0-77519700-1365078536.jpg

I have also positioned a Kibri tower at the left of the layout to hide the gap in the backscene, as the layout is at eye level this has worked quite well.

Steve

Will post some more soon.

Unfortunately today when I was trying to assemble the lighting facia I dropped it onto the Hornby ground frame knocking the tops off all the levers. I suppose it will give the the chance to add something finer - silver lining and all that!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

The grey one or the EWS one?

The EWS one would have been recently painted at the time the layout is set, well that's my excuse anyway. Also need to close the gap under the cab

Thanks for the kind words - Steve

• 1 year later...

Archived