Update on Rail Exclusive 33's

gordon s

Wonder if there's a true 'market' for a definitive one?

They have been in the market as standard Heljan releases for a while now. Maybe there's not the MOQ in advanced orders available hence the delay.

However if this delay goes on any longer maybe i should get together with you guys and do a model from the Dapol stable? :jester:

cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything from Rail Exclusive? I ordered a pair of the 00 sound-fitted Class 33's many months ago, and sent two emails recently to ask for the revised delivery date but, to date, no reply whatsoever. Their website is still operational but the last update on anything was 26th November, and the Class 33 section still says "late 2012". Are they still in business?

• RMweb Gold

Wonder if there's a true 'market' for a definitive one?

They have been in the market as standard Heljan releases for a while now. Maybe there's not the MOQ in advanced orders available hence the delay.

However if this delay goes on any longer maybe i should get together with you guys and do a model from the Dapol stable? :jester:

cheers

Dave

Dave you are a naughty man, yes there is a market I'm sure.

I've got their 33/1 and 33/2 but want a couple of 33/0s to model the Fawley-Penarth curves on my layout. The 33/0 looks wrong and haven't managed to pick up any 33/1s to "debag" if you know what I mean.

Neil

...did hear that the Danes definition of 'deadline' is a tad relaxed.

The line on the 33s hasn't varied....they will be released once they're right. No complaints from me on that one. There are plenty of less than ideal models already out there...why add another to the tally? 

As for definitive models and whether there is a market, the 33 geographically and numerically was much more significant than a few 'definitive' models recently released.  

Dave 

I sent a mail a week ago cancelling my order and asking for confirmation of acceptance of cancellation.  No response from the sales@railexclusive.com address so mailed again this morning.  Strange not to even get an acknowledgement, but I haven't received a non delivered mail, so can only assume the address is still active.

I'll keep chasing and let you know if I receive a response.

They're certainly still in business as it is less than a month since I received by RfD Class 47 with them. I had no problem getting an email response to change my order at the last minute and then to change my card details over the phone. They didn't appear to have anything more up to date to say about the 33s though so perhaps they aren't responding because they don't have any more news yet and are trying to flog all the 47s first!

• RMweb Premium

I e-mailed to amend my order a week ago and got no response either.

Frankly I'm not impressed, an acknowledgement would have been nice - even an automatic one.

Dapol Dave - if you decide to go for it, you can count me in for a couple of green 33s!

...just for information chaps I rang Phil Sutton at Rail Exclusives a few minutes ago and had a chat with him re the 33s....they remain Phil's top priority but there is nothing more to add to what I've already said on this thread. Heljan have a lot of new releases in the pipeline and RE are jockeying for position with agendas and priorities not within their own control. Phil regularly works through the weekend attempting to satisfy an often fickle railway modelling market....why not ring him on 01780 470086 and have a chat about 33s too!

Any delay in getting a response over the Christmas period will be down to the success of the ViTrains RFD 47 release with all the attendant work on its sound system, free nameplates, transfers etc.  

Cheers

Dave

Completely OT Dave but isnt 20 chains in 4mm scale something like 17 feet? As such 40mph is kinda normal on such a radius.

...oops, hadn't noticed that when I deleted the last signature entry, it hadn't all vanished. Thanks Jim...I'll correct it.

Cheers

Dave

I find it fairly ironic that their website news section announced the Hornby 2012 delays (four days after the official announcement) with a nice little graphic prominently featuring the word "delayed" but their own product, the Class 33s, haven't had an update for 10 months ??

I find it fairly ironic that their website news section announced the Hornby 2012 delays (four days after the official announcement) with a nice little graphic prominently featuring the word "delayed" but their own product, the Class 33s, haven't had an update for 10 months ??

True, but I finally had a very courteous reply from Jamie at Rail Exclusive, apologising for the lack of response and explaining that they are unable to quote a delivery date for the class 33's as they are still refining the final details of the model. Still sounds well worth waiting for.

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a bump to remind folk that I was ordering two pairs so that anyone wanting just one loco might be interested in doing a deal. If I remember correctly I've got the early green and the BR Blue pairs. I'll check on which one it was another 'webber' has reserved. They will be the sound versions BTW.

P   

• 2 months later...

Afternoon all,

Was getting bit concerned with lack of noise coming from Rail Exclusives about the 33 project so I dropped them an email asking if they could give a rough idea of delivery date, ie 3rd 4th quarter this year. This is reply I got, not great news but at least there is some news.

Good afternoon Matthew

Thank you for your e-mail enquiring about the progress of our Class 33 project. As you will no doubt be aware, this project has been significantly delayed due to a number of issues and, unfortunately, we cannot give you a definite delivery date at the moment. Unfortunately, we cannot be specific about availability as we do not want to make false promises and cause disappointment.

Rest assured that getting the the Class 33 correct is a priority, since we have already invested a very significant amount of time and money and have large number of pre-orders. We are committed to provide you with the most accurate model to date and do not want to compromise quality for the sake of rushing.

It seems that a lot of Far East production is susceptible to delays. Please be patient and we hope to have some news later this summer.

Best regards

Jamie Walsh

General Manager

Hope this helps settle a few nerves.

Cheers

Matt

Put your faith in Phil to get the right result for you...rest assured that he'll also achieve it as quickly as possible too.

You've seen plenty of faulty models recently...give the guy a chance to produce one that you don't need to whinge about.

Dave  

I have no disallusions that the finished product will be amazing and that Phil is after 100% perfection, but when you have £200 down on a pair of locos and there hasn't been a single mention of how things are or are not progression on the website since 12th March 2012 it can get a few people a bit worried and or peeved.

So just thought I would ask them in the know of how things are progressing and put it on here to pass on the knowledge.

Cheers

Matt

Archived