Update on Rail Exclusive 33's

gordon s

Dear friend of RAIL EXCLUSIVE

We are pleased to announce our latest special edition locomotive project in collaboration with ViTrains.

To mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the 50th anniversary of the Class 47s entering service we have commissioned a selection of locomotives in BR’s Railfreight Distribution livery.

Full information, along with prices and an order form, is included in the attached PDF. Details can also be found on our website at http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=1

Some of you may be waiting for news of our previously announced Class 33 upgrade project. Despite all the groundwork having been completed long ago, it appears that we have been caught in a long queue at Heljan’s factory in China, with the Danish company’s own Railbuses, Class 22, DP2 and DPU in front of us. It is looking increasingly likely that the models will not be with us before the end of the year at the earliest. We apologise for this and you can rest assured we are doing everything within our capabilities to speed the process up.

Although we are extremely disappointed by the delay, we would rather accept this than compromise the models by rushing through the checking procedure and making a mistake. We think customers would prefer that we take longer to make sure all parts are as they should be, to the highest quality. Maybe the best things in life are worth waiting just that little bit longer for!

We have just undertaken our most recent stock take and in case you are interested we have the following items in stock and available to purchase:

• Class 03 No. 03160 (x6 available)
  • Class 57 No. 57604 (x8 Standard and x8 Sound available)
  • Class 37/7 Mainline & Transrail twin pack DCC Sound fitted **LAST ONE**
  • Lifecolor paints – various packs available, see our website for more information/detailshttp://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=103

Please contact us on the number below or order via our website. Allocation will be on a ‘first come first served’ basis.

We are also still taking orders for the Hornby 2012 range, for further information on products available visit our website http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=110

Should you have any further questions or queries on either of these projects or would like to place an order then please do not hesitate to contact us on 01780 470086

Best regards

Jamie Walsh

General Manager

RAIL EXCLUSIVE

Special Edition Model Commissions

20 Park Street

Kings Cliffe

Peterborough

PE8 6XN

Hi guys,

Ironically I have mailed them and asked them to remove the suggestion that our class 22 is made in the Heljan factory, and I've received a read receipt, so I know they received it 3 WEEKS ago!!!

So let me clear up this possible connection........there is none. The Heljan factory, despite being in the same city as my number 3 factory do not make our class 22 or any part thereof!

Cheers

Dave

at least i now know Vi Trains are still alive and kicking......

Good to hear. And nice liveries to model too. Although my eyebrow was raised when I read the claim that the ViTrains model of the Brush Type 4 is: '...widely accepted as the best 4mm scale ready-to-run Class 47 to date...'

• RMweb Gold

Good to hear. And nice liveries to model too. Although my eyebrow was raised when I read the claim that the ViTrains model of the Brush Type 4 is: '...widely accepted as the best 4mm scale ready-to-run Class 47 to date...'

When it comes to accuracy I believe it is. The Bachmann one isn't bad, just let down by silly errors.

• RMweb Gold

... now I don't want to open a can of worms (I really don't) but that CAD image (deceptive on screen I know) looks more like a 'Slim Jim' than a full fat Crompton to me (look where the body lies in relation to the frames and the front windows???) ... I hope I'm wrong or if I'm right I hope it gets a little more nourishment before release???

... now I don't want to open a can of worms (I really don't) but that CAD image (deceptive on screen I know) looks more like a 'Slim Jim' than a full fat Crompton to me (look where the body lies in relation to the frames and the front windows???) ... I hope I'm wrong or if I'm right I hope it gets a little more nourishment before release???

Have you a link to the CAD image? I had a quick look round their site but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

• RMweb Gold

http://www.railexclusive.com/index.php?category=110

scroll towards the bottom and there's a photo of a 33 CAD on a computer screen - like I say not the most reliable of sources... ironically the chap in front of the screen seams to be pointing towards the bottom of the body (and perhaps saying to himself "oh silly me I've just opened a CAD image for a 33/2").

I'm sure it's just a something of nothing, I hope so anyway... :unsure:

Cheers griffgriff. Be good if they'd take Dapols lead and release the full CADs for general inspection. They've a lot to live up to with the statement "Maybe the best things in life are worth waiting just that little bit longer for!" I wonder how much Heljan will pick up (if anyything) in the general release models....

Cheers griffgriff. Be good if they'd take Dapols lead and release the full CADs for general inspection. They've a lot to live up to with the statement "Maybe the best things in life are worth waiting just that little bit longer for!" I wonder how much Heljan will pick up (if anyything) in the general release models....

Thing is, the note below the photo says

"Work on the Class 33 project has been intense and has led us to increase the specification beyond that originally envisaged. It will now include several new separately-fitted parts on the bogies plus improvements to the springs and fuel tank areas. Drawing shown on screen is purely illustrative."

I took that to mean "this isn't a CAD for the tooling", not least because the image has been used since they announced the project back (in 2010?).

Considering how the Rail Express model reviews used to be I'm confident that the 33's wont be released until they are ready (but I still wish they were doing them as single units...)

Luke

• RMweb Gold

I understand that Luke but I'd expect them to at least identify the difference between a 33/0 and a 33/2 quite early on ... wouldn't you?

... but I'm glad that it may very well be a case of me being a worry wort :scratchhead:

Edit - Really wanted to emphasize that I both agree with and thank you for your post Luke...

cheers :sungum:

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Got an email from Jamie and it looks like the 33s will not be with us till 2013, Part of the reply is below

Unfortunately due to all the modifications and corrections we are making to the existing model these are looking more likely to be delivered in 2013. We do feel it is more important that these models are perfect rather than rushed and containing mistakes. I hope you agree.

If its to make it perfect then I am more happy wait I will be getting the DRS pack which will have a 'DRS Crewe on a mission’ headboard with it.

Cheers

James

When in 2013? Come-on they should be able to do better than this, by now they would have had a production slot and an estimated shipping date, so at least those people that have sent off their cheques etc.would know whether they are going to receive their 33's in six months or eighteen months time.....2013 can be anything between these.

Hi all,

Got an email from Jamie and it looks like the 33s will not be with us till 2013, Part of the reply is below

If its to make it perfect then I am more happy wait I will be getting the DRS pack which will have a 'DRS Crewe on a mission’ headboard with it.

Cheers

James

• 4 weeks later...

When in 2013? Come-on they should be able to do betterthan this, by now they would have had a production slot and an estimated shipping date, so at least those people that have sent off their cheques etc.would know whether they are going to receive their 33's in six months or eighteen months time.....2013 can be anything between these.

I have no idea I guess early 2013 but they want the 33s to be 100% perfect so you can see why they putting it back a year.

James

If it's a 100% perfect they're after - it'll be 2023 never mind 2013. I guess these questions would be best addressed to Rail Exclusive by the folk that have shelled out already (rather than just accepting a bland web announcement).

by ... folk that have shelled out already (rather than just accepting a bland web announcement).

My understanding is no payments have been taken and won't be until the point of supply (or they shouldn't be at least) but the point otherwise holds.

• RMweb Premium

My understanding is no payments have been taken and won't be until the point of supply (or they shouldn't be at least) but the point otherwise holds.

You're quite right there Andy - I ordered mine months ago and certainly haven't paid anything yet. Shame about the wait, but it does give me longer to save up - my poor old Lima/Heljan conversions will have to soldier on for a bit longer!

• RMweb Premium

Fair does to RE as they will not charge my CC until the loco's are sitting ready to be delivered and they will also tell me before charging so I can ensure the required amount is available.

Can I just bump my original offer to 'move on'/swap two of the four loco's DCC Sound I have ordered? I did this as they were originally only available as pairs and I have heard nothing different so far.

This will be arranged around the two BR Green and two BR Blue I await.

One of the BR Green is(as far as I know) a 'reserved' swap for a' webber' down in Kent and I also have a provisional 'sale' offer for one of the blues. However I'm still open to offers.

If the mods don't want this offer shown here please remove - thanks.

Phil @ 36E

• RMweb Gold

Fair does to RE as they will not charge my CC until the loco's are sitting ready to be delivered and they will also tell me before charging so I can ensure the required amount is available.

Can I just bump my original offer to 'move on'/swap two of the four loco's DCC Sound I have ordered? I did this as they were originally only available as pairs and I have heard nothing different so far.

This will be arranged around the two BR Green and two BR Blue I await.

One of the BR Green is(as far as I know) a 'reserved' swap for a' webber' down in Kent and I also have a provisional 'sale' offer for one of the blues. However I'm still open to offers.

If the mods don't want this offer shown here please remove - thanks.

Phil @ 36E

Yep, the "webber" down in Kent still looking forward to swapping one of the BR green versions when they finally arrive :sungum: .

Keith

• 5 months later...

Archived