Squires

Crafty Hobbies

Digitrains

Pooleys Puffers

Admission charges

Adult £4.50

Child £2.20

Concession's £3.40

More layouts, traders and displays to be confirmed. I'll update on here or see -

http://furnessmrc.we.../exhibition.htm

Kev.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Kev, not having been to a show in Barrow for a while, is the Furness MRC show the same arrangement as used to happen in the Civic, around April time?

I live near Stockton, but my dad's still in Barrow and I visit him regularly. I may pop round in October and meet some of you RMweb guys.

Jeff

Blimey, the Civic, that was a long time ago Jeff! Come say hello, it's the same club that put on the show, just a shiney new venue! It's in the sixth form college, so slightly out of town, but the local bus group run a shuttle from the town centre and railway station for those without cars. The same mix of model railways, model engineering, boats and cars. We're a broad church! Kev.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Kev. My brother was one of the first intake at the Sixth Form college in the mid 80s. My dad lives just off Dane Avenue in Hawcoat, so it's just an amble down the road from where he lives. I remember the exhibitions being in a room off the old Civic with a daft name like Forum 67...am I close? I think the last exhibition I went to was around 1999!

If I'm in the area in mid-October I'll come down and have a look. I've been following the banter between the Furness and Millom lads. Sounds like a good gang!

Cheers,

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A few photos of Lyndefeld before it was 'electrified'.

Brian has made a few changes since these photos but essentially its not too different to the photos below. Now I must remember to use the sections switches when operating at Barrow in just over a weeks time, now that I am used to DCC!!

post-1557-0-59221100-1349270970_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-57667800-1349270990_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-66909500-1349271014_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

As Kev had mentioned above its my little layouts first show in England, back in my home town of Barrow. By strange co-incidence and not known at the time of the original invite I am currently working back in the town for a few months so will be travelling North on Thursday to collect the layout and travel back down on Friday for set up! The layout will be operated with support of the DEMU/Scottish Modellers area group and you'll probably also find a few of the Furness club operating too!

A couple of shots you won't get at the show but made the burnt fingers worth the effort soldering the tiny surface mount LED's:

post-6863-0-71720700-1349562469_thumb.jpg

post-6863-0-41317000-1349562501_thumb.jpg

Hope to see some of you there and please come by and say hello.

Thanks,

Mark

Early notice of our October show -

Saturday and Sunday, the 13th and 14th October 2012

10.00 am until 5.00pm, both days.

Barrow-in-Furness Sixth Form College,

Rating Lane, Barrow-in-Furness,

Cumbria, LA13 9LE.

Layouts

Scorbiton, OO

Furka Oberalp, HOm

Port Maud, N

Billingham, N

Sealane Tram

New Bryford, OO

Lyndefield, OO

Ultramarine Works, O

Rannoch Moor, OO

Hartley, N

Plus the FMRC test track in 00,TT/HOm and N

Trade

DC Kits/D and E Videos

Squires

Crafty Hobbies

Digitrains

Pooleys Puffers

Admission charges

Adult £4.50

Child £2.20

Concession's £3.40

More layouts, traders and displays to be confirmed. I'll update on here or see -

http://furnessmrc.we.../exhibition.htm

Kev.

What the public transport like from Barrow station?

Regards

Mike

• RMweb Gold

What the public transport like from Barrow station?

Regards

Mike

They are running a free bus shuttle from town hall and station to the show. See their website for details.

However, if you want public buses then there are quite a few that go from the Town hall, past the station to the hospital which is probably a 5 - 10 minute walk to the venue from the last bus stop before they turn into the hospital. We are coming by train from Surrey as no room in the car with the layout owner and driver so may well be using the local buses or taxi to get to the venue to help set up.

As Roundhouse says, there is a bus shuttle from the town hall/bus stops and station to the venue about hourly, but nobody has bothered to confirm the timings for me yet! I'll post them as soon as I know. Kev.

Hello all,

the bus times are as follows, all of these are dep. times

Town hall. 10;00, 10;45, 11;30, 12;15, 13;00, 13;45, 14;30, 15;15, 16;00, 16;42.

Rail station, 10;06, 10;51, 11;36, 12;21, 13;06, 13; 51, 14;36, 15;21, ##########.

6 form col. 10;17, 11;02, 11;47, 12;32, 13;17, 14;02, 14;47, 15;32, 16;15, 16;57.

I hope that helps.

OzzyO.

• RMweb Premium

"New Bryford" is currently spread around four locations within a four mile radius. The stock is in two houses, with mine in at least three different rooms.

I hope I remember to get it all together in time.

Cheers,

Mick

Look out you lot,there's going to be a "SQUEAKER ATTACK"!!!!!!!!!!!

The gang from the north will be raiding across the border,to drink your beer,that's if SWMBO lets me!!!!

See you in the PoW then.

The Prince of Wales has it own web site , but I don't have it's address. Just put "Prince of Wales Foxfield" in to your search engine and it should come up.

OzzyO.

PS. this man does not do SQUEAKERS. OK.

Hello all,

well it's e day plus 1, we'll be starting work at the hall tonight at 5 o'clock, lets hope that we get it all done before we get kicked out (and still have time for a pint).

I'm going to be the one wearing teal coloured shirts all weekend (not the same one I may add), so if you want to have a chat please come and say hello.

I'm looking forward to meeting any Rmwebbers at the show. As it's always nice to put a face to the names on here.

OzzyO.

PS, Kev may be along with any last minute up dates later.

Archived