kevpeo

All who are supposed to arrive tonight have done, including the Liverpool contingent! Unfortunately Squires Tools have had to pull out at the last minute. Sorry to all that were looking forward to stocking up, including me! Kev.

A big thank you to all the organisers who not only put on a fabulous show (I enjoyed looking at every one of the exhibits) but also well and truly looked after its exhibitors,

great accomodation, catering and superb nightime entertainment at the Foxfield,huge buffet and lots of real ale superb company! thanks also the the driver of the classis bus for stopping on the way back!

it was great to put faces to many rmweb names and relax after a nice time operating.

Thanks for all the kind words chaps, it's much appreciated. I’m pooped. Mind you, getting up to watch the Korean F1 both mornings didn’t help! Nice to put a few new faces to their Rmweb avatars too. Soon be next year, Oct 12 & 13, put it in your diaries. Kev.

Ps, yes, Ozzy had several shandies as usual!

Like the rest have said a huge thanks to all at the Furness club for inviting us and for the superb hospitality throughout the weekend. We all had a brilliant weekend away (back home for me!) and it was great to catch up with everyone. The bus ride home on the Barrow Leyland Atlantean was superb too on Sat night.

The layouts were superb and a very friendly show to attend. Also thanks to Kev for lending his Lenz set to control the layout with as mine failed at set up and the Loch Dour fleet was popular amongst the rest of the crew! Hopefully all will be sorted soon and look forward to next year.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

thanks also for the sandwiches at the end of the show, I enjoyed them in the car on the way home :)

Ah yes, this is a great touch they have done each year we have exhibited at Barrow. I think that only one other club (cant remember where though) has done something similar in all the years we have done shows.

This really helps on the long journeys home although we now normally stop in Lancaster for the night these days.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Archived