Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

The Corgi 6mm scale Utility bus was very popular for conversions to peacetime buses and I, in conjunction with Ralph Jackson (Jackson-Evans), made masters for a good many parts including radiators, front wings and bonnets for these and 4mm scale buses. Ralph still has the whitemetal parts and brass etchings for those interested in doing conversions.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

Just as l remember the Q1s where the only shiny bits were the wheel treads and the buffer shanks all the rest was filthy you could just make out the number, and l loved them....

post-7716-0-96074900-1498765457_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-44196400-1498765511_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-29196500-1498765567_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-30916300-1498765748_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks Malcolm, The Q1 is a mixture of two part kits and some scratch building, and the great job Andy did on the weathering has made it into a great locomotive and probably the best one l have built to date, a real G-Tap production ....

• Like 5

Hi George,

However hard you try the guitar will not give you a cheap way to get sound in your Q1!

Cheers, Peter

Very true Peter, never thought about that Hahahahaha l have been spending too much time on railways etc etc and need a  different venture..

• Like 1

I know what you mean mate, I'm lucky, I have my Art, Walking the Dog, and occasionally playing the Guitar, (but not so much these days), so I can take time away from my main Hobby and still have something constructive to do, in fact ANYTHING rather than watch the Box in the corner.

I know what you mean mate, I'm lucky, I have my Art, Walking the Dog, and occasionally playing the Guitar, (but not so much these days), so I can take time away from my main Hobby and still have something constructive to do, in fact ANYTHING rather than watch the Box in the corner.

Thanks Andy, Retirement is great don't get me wrong but l do seem to watch TV a lot more or building locos, and that's all l seem to do, locos or TV, yes l do my share of the chores around the house then its back to the TV or more loco building, that's why l bought myself another electric guitar to help me get off the TV....( even watching Jeremy Kyle...how sad is that) Hahahahaha, give me a gun?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

That's similar to the problem that I had George. I retired early, partly for health reasons but it took three attempts to fix the date because the first two times I hadn't got anything planned to keep me occupied. I finally went a couple of years later with enough things planned to do for the next eighteen months or so and I haven't really had to worry about about finding things to do since and that was eight years ago now.

I'm like you with regard to TV. I spent so much time as a youngster watching TV and know how addictive it can get that I go out of my way to limit what I watch so that I don't fall into that trap again.

I'm sure things will sort themselves out in due course. Have you thought of trying to find a bit of volunteering you could do. Your driving experience should hold you in good stead for that if you can't think of anything else.

Edited by Ray H

That's similar to the problem that I had George. I retired early, partly for health reasons but it took three attempts to fix the date because the first two times I hadn't got anything planned to keep me occupied. I finally went a couple of years later with enough things planned to do for the next eighteen months or so and I haven't really had to worry about about finding things to do since and that was eight years ago now.

I'm like you with regard to TV. I spent so much time as a youngster watching TV and know how addictive it can get that I go out of my way to limit what I watch so that I don't fall into that trap again.

I'm sure things will sort themselves out in due course. Have you thought of trying to find a bit of volunteering you could do. Your driving experience should hold you in good stead for that if you can't think of anything else.

Hello Ray, Thanks for the tips, l think a part time job two days a week would help relieve the boredom, also l will go out for a walk every day also might help as well.....

Hello Ray, Thanks for the tips, l think a part time job two days a week would help relieve the boredom, also l will go out for a walk every day also might help as well.....

Do you mean the walk to Weatherspoons for BREAKFAST? hahhahha :no:  :no:  :no:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

Morning Andy, Heres the picture of the new axe, really has given me something to do rather than trains and TV....

Ooooooo Tabaco Sunburst, same as the 335 I had, it looks gorgeous mate, cant wait to have a little Play next time I'm up. Nice Amp as well, there VERY LOUD, :O  do what? :no:  I    SAID    THERE    VERY    LOUD! :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono: 

Thanks Andy, l need to get some head phones now to keep the peace Hahahahaha, also l will get some work done on the J94 today and give it some primer ?...

Any walking / RUNNING today mate, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  hahha, or just chilling? Will you do the spraying outside now?

Hello Andy, No my extractor fan in my spray booth works fine and takes all the paint fumes away, will try and weather the J94 myself armed with the knowledge and tips from yourself, we'll see ...

• Like 1