GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

• RMweb Premium

Took a while but here are the numbers and withdrawal dates for the L&Y class 24 Rapid Shunters:

51535 - 9/56

51536 - 1/54

51537 - 9/61

51544 - 6/59

51546 - 1/59

51537 was withdrawn in '61 from Bank Hall shed. All the above had round top boilers rather than Belpaire ones from what I can ascertain -

Took a while but here are the numbers and withdrawal dates for the L&Y class 24 Rapid Shunters:

51535 - 9/56

51536 - 1/54

51537 - 9/61

51544 - 6/59

51546 - 1/59

51537 was withdrawn in '61 from Bank Hall shed. All the above had round top boilers rather than Belpaire ones from what I can ascertain -

Thanks for your help Jason, l did not realize that there was so few of them.. regards 

Really good George. I admire your dedication. You build whole locos faster than I get mine resprayed! Do you have a time machine to fit real life in around your modelling?

Thamks Guys for all the likes and nice comments, once l get my teeth into a build theres no stopping me Hahahahaha, really l have so much time on my hands these days now l am retired so l just get on with it and before you know it, its built, there's is still plenty of things to do on 33008 like brake gear, sanding pipes, crew, coal etc etc so hopefully a week or so it will probably be up for sale, who knows Hahahaha... 

• Like 2

Charlie looks superb mate, much better than the Cream and Brass I saw it in on Wednesday.

BTW thanks again for your hospitality and a great day just chilling out and putting the World to rights.

Charlie looks superb mate, much better than the Cream and Brass I saw it in on Wednesday.

BTW thanks again for your hospitality and a great day just chilling out and putting the World to rights.

l was so happy to see you relaxed for a change with no pressure (Chilled), will bring Charlie down for some filth soon ? Hahahaha

• Like 2

Hello Andy, Thanks for all the likes guys, well the Q1 is nearly finished just need some real coal for the tender, and then l will be getting back to the J94, got some decorating to do tomorrow but should get an hour or two for some modelling.

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 2

Looking forward to seeing the Q1 all weathered up George :yes:

Cheers, Bob.

Hello Bob, l have seen the preserved Q1 a few times but it looks wrong because its too clean Hahahahaha....

Hello Bob, l have seen the preserved Q1 a few times but it looks wrong because its too clean Hahahahaha....

I agree George - The Q1s really look the bis with full on weathering ... Real or Model :good:

Cheers, Bob.

Something different tonight, putting transfers on a couple of 7mm routemasters another passion of mine Model buses...

Far to clean George, inside and out, they need a good covering of daily grime and Chewing Gum on the seats mate.

Something different tonight, putting transfers on a couple of 7mm routemasters another passion of mine Model buses...

Now come on George .... You know these ain't Routemasters :nono: .... Don't you mean RTs ;)

Remind me not to go on a Bus Spotting outing with you .... Hahahaha

Cheers, Bob.

Edited by bobster

Now come on George .... You know these ain't Routemasters :nono: .... Don't you mean RTs ;)

Cheers, Bob.

You are quite right young Bob, l should have said a couple of RTs and not RMs, (will bash myself on the bonce a few times) Hahahahaha

You are quite right young Bob, l should have said a couple of RTs and not RMs, (will bash myself on the bonce a few times) Hahahahaha

All good fun George  - I know that you know your Buses and Coaches Mate - They are nice models that can be made even better with a bit of detailing - I have an open topped version somewhere.

Cheers, Bob.

• Like 2

Morning Bob, l really dont know why l built a Q1 as l really have nowhere to run it ? l'm tending to lean to the small industrial scene with small Pecketts / Hudwell Clarke locos etc etc

• RMweb Gold

Morning Bob, l really dont know why l built a Q1 as l really have nowhere to run it ? l'm tending to lean to the small industrial scene with small Pecketts / Hudwell Clarke locos etc etc

Sell it - it'll give you more room! Cheers, Peter