GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Hi George, we were at Telford as well yesterday afternoon on our way back from Loughborough Exhibition. We were helping out with exhibiting CQ with its new owner on the Saturday and first thing Sunday.

Looked out for you and Andy but must have missed you, it is a big hall so lots of space to hide.

Could have spent a kings ransom, but got away with a small fortune. 

Hello Ray,  There was so much to keep you busy on the traders stands, l don't think l looked up once to notice friends...but did you buy anything ??

l bought a Heljan 37 two weeks ago in BR Blue, but after talking to Andy we decided to swap locos, so l now have a Railfreight Coal sector 37, it was un-named so l have finished her of as 37328 with Toton plaques probably wrong but they changed around so much it doesn't matter that much to me...

post-7716-0-48026800-1536024120_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-44608300-1536024207_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

l bought a Heljan 37 two weeks ago in BR Blue, but after talking to Andy we decided to swap locos, so l now have a Railfreight Coal sector 37, it was un-named so l have finished her of as 37328 with Toton plaques probably wrong but they changed around so much it doesn't matter that much to me...

G'day George, that looks great, but a bit modern for me.

Andy suggested I ask you what the Guards Van is/was that you recently gave him. It's a red one, on his latest post images with his new split headcode 37. 

I've been looking for something like it, but not found one yet!

Regards from down under,

Ian.

• Like 1

G'day George, that looks great, but a bit modern for me.

Andy suggested I ask you what the Guards Van is/was that you recently gave him. It's a red one, on his latest post images with his new split headcode 37. 

I've been looking for something like it, but not found one yet!

Regards from down under,

Ian.

Hello lan, The brake van in question was a Slater's plastic kit l made a few years back, l think you can still get them, hope this helps..

That looks georgeous mate.

Morning Buddy, Yes l love it, not to sure about the number 37382 but it looks the part anyway all the way from Toton, l need to give it to David (Jinty) to work his magic next....plus l got the arrows up the right way this time..Hahahaha

Edited by georgeT

Hello Andy, Been busy finishing off the 'Rudd' ZBA, so a nice coat of red primer, l was not looking forward to paining the wagon in 'Dutch' but l found some pictures of 'Rudds' in EWS red, problem solved.

interesting what you told me about the A being air braked and the V being vacuum very helpful, well done that man... 

post-7716-0-33842400-1536146226_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-03081900-1536146343_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi George, is there any springing to your wagons or are the Axel boxes fixed? Only ask as I'm just starting to build some Parkside wagons I picked up at the weekend. The Axel boxes float in the W irons but theres no springing to them. Just wondered if I'm missing something. Also is it worth adding some weight to them?

Ray.

Edited by tender

Hello Ray, No springs at all l glue all the axle boxes in the lowest position in all corners, and yes it does make them run better with additional weight, l take it you are in the dark side of O ?

Yes, afraid so, the bug finally got me. Just starting a layout to replace CQ but haven't got room to get it all up in one go so interesting times ahead.

I've started to gather a bit of stock, mostly RTR tank locos and a few wagon kits, but would like to have a go at a loco kit once I've got some track down to play with. Probably a Connoisseur O2,  Finney 7 M7 or B4 if I can find one.

Glad to hear you have made the leap to the big stuff Ray, welcome aboard, theres no turning back now, Hahaha l have seen your modelling talents so putting a loco kit together will be easier than you think, good luck...

Yes, afraid so, the bug finally got me. Just starting a layout to replace CQ but haven't got room to get it all up in one go so interesting times ahead.

I've started to gather a bit of stock, mostly RTR tank locos and a few wagon kits, but would like to have a go at a loco kit once I've got some track down to play with. Probably a Connoisseur O2,  Finney 7 M7 or B4 if I can find one.

Hi Tender

I lived in a small apartment in southern France for 5 years with the same problem so I built an engine shed and turntable layout 2.4 by 0.6 meters which kept me going.

Good luck, Paul

• Like 1

Hi Tender

I lived in a small apartment in southern France for 5 years with the same problem so I built an engine shed and turntable layout 2.4 by 0.6 meters which kept me going.

Good luck, Paul

And Trebudoc was only 9ft inc Fiddle Yard.

• RMweb Gold

I've been tempted with O gauge myself, but still several commitments with Orchard Road to make too many wholesale changes with stock - i.e. selling locos to fund any O gauge.

Been thinking about a 08, but then need a sound decoder, a couple of wagons and some track. Soon starts adding up. I'll see how the funds look when I go to Warley!

A friend is thinking about getting me to build an O gauge layout for him, so will need some stock to run on it durung the build!

The 'tractors' look great though. Are you going to weather them up?

George, If you've got any mates. :O  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Sorry start again, :sungum:

George, if you've got any mates up there, that might like a nice WR, O Gauge BLT, then my Pen Y Bont is for sale.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116976-pen-y-bont-for-sale-from-page-39/page-96&do=findComment&comment=3290222

Edited by Andrew P

I've been tempted with O gauge myself, but still several commitments with Orchard Road to make too many wholesale changes with stock - i.e. selling locos to fund any O gauge.

Been thinking about a 08, but then need a sound decoder, a couple of wagons and some track. Soon starts adding up. I'll see how the funds look when I go to Warley!

A friend is thinking about getting me to build an O gauge layout for him, so will need some stock to run on it durung the build!

Hi Richard. Go on, you know you want to, hahha.

The Blue 37238 that is for me, will be nicely DIRTY.

also see post above for some O Gauge ideas with Pen Y Bont.

Hi Rich.....

post-20303-0-77864300-1536258843_thumb.jpg

Cool Runnings !

• Like 1

Hello Richard, The thing l have found with O gauge is that you don't need as much stock, you can pick up a Dapol 08 for £150 and get a paul Chetter zimo sound chip and speaker for about the same price, yes you will spend £300 on it but you'll have a loco that looks and sounds awsome and the presents it has is fantastic...come on over you know you want to...Hahahaha and yes they all will be weathered to suit...

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 3

George, If you've got any mates. :O  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Sorry start again, :sungum:

George, if you've got any mates up there, that might like a nice WR, O Gauge BLT, then my Pen Y Bont is for sale.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/116976-pen-y-bont-for-sale-from-page-39/page-96&do=findComment&comment=3290222

Hello Mate, l will put the word about up the club on friday....

Glad to hear you have made the leap to the big stuff Ray, welcome aboard, theres no turning back now, Hahaha l have seen your modelling talents so putting a loco kit together will be easier than you think, good luck...

Cheers George, just started a new thread 'Ray's 7mm Workbench', hope you pop in and supply some of your wisdom from time to time.

A layout thread will follow when I've got something to show.

• Like 3

Cheers George, just started a new thread 'Ray's 7mm Workbench', hope you pop in and supply some of your wisdom from time to time.

A layout thread will follow when I've got something to show.

Don't know about wisdom Ray Hahaha, glad you have taken the plunge mate, looking forward to the layout and your builds, another exhibition one l guess ?