GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

I l

like HMRS. But have been known to use fox.  Which really need a gloss finish. 

Thanks Peter, l have tried fox but their website is so complicated (to me anyway) all l want is the lettering 'SOUTHERN' and the large numbers for tank locos ?

Locos coming on a treat George. Will look good in Southern green. Don't worry your not the only one who has trouble negotiating the Fox website. Great products though once you finally get them. Have you tried Railtec. I'm not sure if they do steam though. They've got a thread in the smaller suppliers section. Definitely recommended.

• Like 1

Locos coming on a treat George. Will look good in Southern green. Don't worry your not the only one who has trouble negotiating the Fox website. Great products though once you finally get them. Have you tried Railtec. I'm not sure if they do steam though. They've got a thread in the smaller suppliers section. Definitely recommended.

They look even better in lined black. 

post-13601-0-07833700-1484258412_thumb.jpg

I agree about fox. But probably your best bet as they do only a few on each sheet.

• Like 5

Morning Guys, The main reason for ditching the card models was you have still got to buy wheels (£60) and motor/gearbox (£45) and as l like to make and move things on with wheelin' and Dealin' you wont get a decent price with card as with brass...

PS ls anybody interested in buying my Dapol 08 (with a Paul Chetter stay alive chip fitted) as l am sticking with Southern steam, so l have no use for a BR Blue 08, l have already sold my DCC controller...

• Like 1

Morning Guys, The main reason for ditching the card models was you have still got to buy wheels (£60) and motor/gearbox (£45) and as l like to make and move things on with wheelin' and Dealin' you wont get a decent price with card as with brass...

PS ls anybody interested in buying my Dapol 08 (with a Paul Chetter stay alive chip fitted) as l am sticking with Southern steam, so l have no use for a BR Blue 08, l have already sold my DCC controller...

Don't Tempt Me :no:  :no:  :no:

Cheers, Bob.

Edited by bobster

I bought a LBSC Terrior on pretty well on impulse. I'm not even going to fit a DCC chip 'cos it ain't a permanent part of Carrog.

You could always paint it in pseudo LBSC livery, stick it on a Weltrol and pretend it's going to Butlins!  Maybe a couple of years out of time period though.

Ray.

You could always paint it in pseudo LBSC livery, stick it on a Weltrol and pretend it's going to Butlins! 

Ray.

I would rather leave it in BR lined livery, stick it on a Currier and pretend it is going to take my mind of buying it in the first place....  :D

Edited by coachmann

Hi George

Don't buy a sheet of lettering/numbers for your G6! I have an HMRS sheet of presfix (I can't remember the sheet number off hand) but I think it's the same style as Peter's G6 in post 1629. You are more than welcome to whatever you need as I won't be using any from it. I'm out of the country at the moment but I'm back next monday/tuesday. I'll PM you when I'm home.

Regards, Deano.

Edited by Deano747
  • Like 1

Hi George

Don't buy a sheet of lettering/numbers for your G6! I have an HMRS sheet of presfix (I can't remember the sheet number off hand) but I think it's the same style as Peter's G6 in post 1629. You are more than welcome to whatever you need as I won't be using any from it. I'm out of the country at the moment but I'm back next monday/tuesday. I'll PM you when I'm home.

Regards, Deano.

Thanks very much Deano, most appreciated ..

• Like 2

All the best with going back to work mate, it's been a long time.

That Cab detail looks really good mate, well done.

Hello Buddy, Thanks for that, it needs tiding up, much better than no details at all....