The Lancashire Exhibition, by Blackburn & East Lancs MRS - 1st/2nd September 2012

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Advance notice of the 47th annual show presented by the Blackburn & East Lancs Model Railway Society.

Following our move to the Hyndburn Sports Centre a couple of years ago and a change of dates to the first weekend of September, we have re-branded to "The Lancashire Show" to reflect our move out of Blackburn to the wider county area.

Featuring over 50 stands of layouts, traders and demonstrators.

post-408-0-52189000-1334855317_thumb.jpg

More details to follow shortly.

Cheers,

Mick

www.belmrs.org

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Updated layout list, as of 28/6/12

Thomas 00 Drive it Yourself

Stoney Lane Depot N Modern Image

Tan-Yr-Allt & Dwffyr Uchaf 009 Narrow gauge

Borth-Y-Gest S4 Narrow gauge

Rowntree Halt 00 BR Steam

Coniston Road N Modern Image

Andersonville N Continental

Castle Cary N Modern Image

Ferring P4 Pre Grouping Steam

Kingswear N Pre Grouping Steam

Stone EM Green Diesel

Dewsbury Midland 00 Blue Diesel or BR Steam (not decided yet)

Oxenhope 0 BR Steam

North of England Line N Green Diesel

Easington Lane EM Green Diesel

Kingsfield 00 BR Steam

Goose Lake H0 Continental

Rowlands Castle 00 SR Steam

Imperial Yard N Modern Image

Blackmill 00 Modern Image

Cheers,

Mick

EDITED 25/7/12

• RMweb Premium

And it looks like one of our major headaches of the move to Hyndburn Sports Centre has been sorted..........

A major re-fit of the catering facilities and appointment of a catering company at the sports centre means the end of the burger van!

More updates, as and when.

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this show - don't often get so far oop tut norf, especially with my little layout SLD (which is N rather than OO as mentioned above).

Drop by and say hello.

G.

sld04.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I'm looking forward to this show - don't often get so far oop tut norf, especially with my little layout SLD (which is N rather than OO as mentioned above).

Thanks for spotting that - list duly edited.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Drop by and say hello.

G.

Bye 'eck Lad, with that accent we'll 'ave t' git thee a ninturpritur.

Steve.

T' North o' England Line will be stayin' up north and gannin' 'cross t' gre't divide ti Lanky. Reckon to 'ave t' usual pattern of BR 1950/1960s steam/diesel ont' Satdy, followed by LNER/LMS steam ont' Sundy. Lookin' forard ti a champion laik wi' oor trenset.

• RMweb Premium

. Reckon to 'ave t' usual pattern of BR 1950/1960s steam/diesel ont' Satdy,

Grammatical pedant mode on - it should be "patten o' BR"....... :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not long to go now.

Set-up will be under way in two weeks time.

All the preparation tasks are completed (I hope).

Just received a message from the hotel where our guests will be staying:

"I've added names to your bookings and all are accounted for (woohoo!)"

Having paid for the hotel booking, my "flexible friend" is feeling a bit limp, to the tune of more than £3,000!

The permission to put up our road signs has been received, so once again there should be seventy plus signs to guide you to our venue.

This might seem over the top, as we're only about a mile from the M65 junction 7!

We actually sign all the main raods in the town from the town boundaries to the venue, so if you can find ACCRINGTON, the rest should be easy.

John (our treasurer) and I had our final meeting with the venue's new catering manager earlier this week.

Lunch menus agreed, which we're confident there will be a massive improvement on the last two years.

Having a proper on-site cafe also means our visitors will be able to enjoy quality refreshments at very economical prices.

Hope you can come and join us.

Steve.

http://www.belmrs.org/

• RMweb Premium

The permission to put up our road signs has been received, so once again there should be seventy plus signs to guide you to our venue.

I'll be one of those out with the hazard lights and stepladder, fixing signs to convenient lamp-posts early Monday morning before the show.

Hopefully Blackmill won't be in any need of any major TLC between Railex NE and our own club show on consecutive weekends.

Cheers,

Mick

Really peeved that I will have to miss this one! Pity that your dates changed. Our small show at Millom is also this weekend so I think they'll expect me there, as Chairman and EM. Never mind, ours is only a biennial show so I will be at Blackburn 2013. Anyway, good luck for the weekend. It is one that we always enjoy and think worthy of travelling from Cumbria to see.

Looking forward to a weekend playing trains, but maybe no looking forward so much to humping Dewsbury Midland in and out of the van. Dewsbury is making its first outing in nearly a year, we are not taking it out so often these days and it might be at least another year before its seen in the North West again so pop along and have a butchers and support this good show. We are running in blue diesel mode this weekend.

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there helping Grahame navigate the wilds of the glorious North West with Stoney Lane Depot.

Looking forward to a trip to darkest East Lancs. Debating whether to stop off to take some photos of freight at either Bank Quay or Preston en route.

Cheers, Mike

Watch that you Southern chaps don't get a nose bleed at these Northern heights! Hope that you have a good weekend. We would visited you if we didn't have our own small show the same weekend, as this is usually a great show. Much preferred the new venue than the old hall. Although the architecture was nice, the lighting was awful and didn't present the great layouts in their best form. We'll be there next year. Again best wishes to you all.

best regards to Grahame,

Pete Chesher, NGS Northern mini stand manager.

• RMweb Premium

The show was coming to nicely when I left - plenty to interest most people.

The trade support looks good (Squires, Inter-City Models and Nairnshire Model Supplies for example) and I'm sure I'll be stocking up for a few winter projects.

We've already had compliments from the exhibitors on our signage - look out for the large yellow ones!

Cheers,

Mick

Drop by and say hello.

G.

sld04.jpg

I saw the layout today wasn't sure which fine fellow was you so didn't say hi.

Same goes for all the layouts on here in attendance. a great show and great to see some brilliant layouts.

Back home now from exhibiting at the show after a more than 500 mile round trip. Many thanks to the organisers for the invite. I enjoyed it.

It was a very good show with a superb range of high quality layouts, including big name ones like 'Rolands Castle' and 'Dewsbury Mainline', and numerous traders. I'd categorise it as a pretty 'large' show with a big main hall and a smaller annex. Aisles were wide and comfortable and there was an on-site cafe. If I were just a visitor I'd have been more than happy - it would have certainly been well worth attending and great VFM.

Just a shame that there weren't more people there to take advantage of viewing the range of exhibits. I don't know how successful it was from visitors numbers POV but it did, unfortunately, seem a little quiet throughout, although fairly consistantly steady for most of the time apart from the last 1.5 hours on Sunday. My recommendation would be to close earlier at say 4.00 or 4.30pm on the Sunday to allow those travelling long distances more time to get packed and home before it got late.

G.

Archived