The Lancashire Exhibition, by Blackburn & East Lancs MRS - 1st/2nd September 2012

newbryford

The North of England Line crew got home about half 10 last night after unloading the layout at our club rooms. (Although one of our lads had another hours drive from Scarborough to get home!! )

It was an excellent show. The standard of the layouts was outstanding. I can honestly say there wasnt one "space filler" that wasnt up to exhibition standard. Credit to the show manager. claphappy.gif

And a big thank you to all the Blackburn lads who were a friendly bunch & looked after us very well. Good hotel too. beers.gif

I hope all your efforts produced a healthy profit for your club

• RMweb Premium

An excellent show all round. Trade was good - plenty of N Gauge for sale too. It's not often you get so many top quality layouts in at the same show.

Other shows could learn a lot from the sign-posting.

I'll be returning next year - hopefully the standard will be maintained.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

I'll echo what GJB60009 says. The standard of the layouts in attendance was outstanding. The trade was excellent and the all round atmosphere of the show was welcoming. Congratulations to the organisers, you did a great job. Many thanks.

The Blackburn club were excellent hosts as usual, we had a thorougly good weekend, and thanks for your hospitality and to all your members who helped us shift Dewsbury Midland (dont know where the "mainline" of a previous poster came from, thought we had a new layout for a minute) when the hall staff were getting a bit antsy about us still being around - it does take nigh on two hours to strip it down!

We eventually got it to bed in Manchester around 9pm, so considering the show shut at 5, Accrington is only just over 20 miles away it was a long long tiring day.

Excellent show, notable for the number of quality N gauge layouts appearing which all broke the mould of the N gauge empire formula - they all actually looked like real locations (Ok I know Castle Cary is a real location) and SLD is always a pleasure to see. Blackmill to me is still the best in its genre. Overall one or two things didn't quite cut the mustard for me but hey, thats being at a show, and the percentage of excellent layouts on display was far higher than most shows and that makes Blackburn / Lancashire show (still find it hard to call it that!!) a must visit. When can I bring New Hey lol.

• RMweb Premium

On behalf of B&ELMRS, thank you for the positive comments about the show.

However, a little humour. Whilst taking down the signs today, I was told a little story about Friday afternoon.

For those around and about unloading, there was a police helicopter circling overhead for a good few minutes - 15-20 maybe. It turns out that a local resident had reported that gypsies were moving onto the sports centre car park and the chopper had come to investigate! After all, there was a proliferation of white vans.

Why they couldn't have sent a local car patrol is anyone's guess.

Cheers,

Mick

For those around and about unloading, there was a police helicopter circling overhead for a good few minutes - 15-20 maybe. It turns out that a local resident had reported that gypsies were moving onto the sports centre car park and the chopper had come to investigate! After all, there was a proliferation of white vans.

Perhaps, next year, we can ask the police if they will hang an advertising banner from the helicopter!

As Exhibition Manager for the Blackburn show, it is my job to select the layouts and invite them to the show. Your comments regarding the show content made my day today. Thanks Guys.

Attendance on Saturday was pretty dire. It was possibly due to the clash with the main event of the Preston Guild taking place on the Saturday. As it is only held once every twenty years we won't have that problem for a few years.

Les

Les,

sorry to hear that your Saturday attendance was so poor. We did not manage to get through this year as your dates had changed and clashed with our own small show in Millom, Cumbria. We'll be there next year as our show is biennial.

Wierd, but our attendance was also down a bit on Saturday this year. However on Sunday we were amazed by a record attendance and the punters kept coming all day. So much for some that say small shows have had there day!

It sounds as though you had some superb layouts once again so hopefully the Saturday was a blip as you say.

We'll be there next year and wish you all the best with this wonderful show. We have to come as our vice chairman is from Blackburn and uses the visit to your show to meet up with his sons and grandchildren.

regards,

Pete Chesher.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived