Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

It's not cheeky at all, happy to answer any questions

The key dimensions are as follows;

Board size 7' by 2'

Plywood framing 3/8"

MDF top 1/4"

The 7' frame is 6" deep and the cross members are 3" deep.

The blocks are 2"x2" timber

Have I missed anything?

Just for everyone else what train lengths does that give us ?

A

• RMweb Premium

I might slap some basic interior in if lights are going in; I don't care if it's not seen but it will allow me to leave a rude message for posterity inside somewhere.

I also had to think of the likelihood of stray pies being dropped on it from over the backscene so it's fairly sturdy.

As for the colour; I may get in trouble with the team tomorrow but I'm taking a flier on something. ;)

At the back, the interiors are less likely to be seen but there is always the alternative view from the railway model photographer that finds angles not available from the front. If only we knew one to ask...

A

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Are they from the Isle of Sodor, they've all got eyes!

The are Southern railway emoticons.

The loco top left is under sadation due to its fear of heights and the one on the right has just seen what Chris is wearing - you can wear what you want in privicy of your own home

Andy

• Like 1

I mentioned earlier that the cottages were for the tolls that were collected for using the 1.7 mile Netherton Tunnel, very much the M6 Toll of the navigation world cutting massive time out of trips through or around the hills of Dudlai. The tunnel is wide enough for two boats, originally gas lit and dead straight through the hills which was a big step forward from the bottleneck of Dudley Tunnel which caused hours and days of delays. This was the last traditional canal tunnel built in Britain, opened in 1858, 21 years after the Grand Junction Railway, on which the structures on BCB are based.

It's a worthwhile walk but on my last visit on a warm September afternoon a chilling wind blew a water level mist out from the north-east portal of the tunnel and brought the air temperature in bright sunlight down by around 6 degrees some 100 yards from the tunnel entrance.

post-1-0-05804400-1353267569_thumb.jpg

An air vent presents an interesting road obstacle here - http://goo.gl/maps/M6TUL

Last time I took a narrow boat though there, there was a British Waterways boat about 50 yards in, with the employee fast asleep. He never even stirred as we went past.

Thank you; I resisted the urge for all over green reserving that for small parts of the gardin (SIC for BCB).

Whilst it hardens off a bit I shall resume turning chimney pots from cocktail sticks (don't expect a cherry in your Christmas pop round 'ere).