Railex 2013 Aylesbury 25th & 26th May

David Bigcheeseplant

• RMweb Gold

This is not the best photo as it was taken on my phone but it does give an idea of depth that the backsene now gives Bucks Hill

Absolutely gorgeous.Roll on the show.

A couple more photo taken on Friday night of Bucks Hill by Kevin Wood, I would post photos of the other layout if I had pics, so if you have pics of layout appearing at Railex can you pop them on here. 

Remember we have layouts like St Merryn, St Ruth and Polsithney which are all layouts based in Cornwall and are all fantasticly modelled.

One thing you get at Railex is the amount of headline layouts all at the same show in the same year.

buckshill042a.jpg

[/url]

buckshill018a.jpg

Xerces Fobe2, on 27 Feb 2013 - 18:44, said:

I will be quite honest here IMO this show looks more like a trade show with layouts given that the traders out number the layouts by almost 3-1. Yes you have an expensive good quality venue and I accept that the layouts will be of a high standard & quality however at first glance the imbalance between traders and layouts is somewhat off putting.

One thing I have only just noticed on our Railex spreadshead is a column that calculates the square footage of each stand with a total at the bottom this year there is 3758 sq feet of trade compaired to 3906 sq feet of layouts so to say there is more trade than layouts is slightly misleading as there is actually 200 sq foot more space of layouts than traders.

David

Another photo of Heyside by Richard Lambert, this is one layout I booked but have not seen in the flesh yet, but looking at the photos I think it's a show stopper of a 7mm layout.

I am going to see Bucks Hill tonight and hopefully get some photos of the developments on it like the new backscene.

David

A bit late I know, but  you and all the visitors will not be disappointed by this lovely layout. Well worth a 200 mile round trip for me to make, I will be there again  for sure.

Regards, Derek.

We are just finalising the vintage Bus time table, we should have for the first few hours of the exhibition the bus running every half hour, as in the past few years the first runs of the day have been almost full, We have arranged with Chiltern Railway to have the bus pick up point at the town end as normal in the station car park, the departure times of the bus will be a few minutes later than the arrival of trains.

David

What headings dose the society stands come under as in most cases they are not trade in the full sense. 

Hello

The Society Stands come under Societies!

These stands have not been included in the trade or layout calculations square footage.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

I have just compared last years square footage of 19 layouts which was 3038 sq feet to this years 16 layouts which is 3906 sq feet so even though there is less layouts than last year the space taken up by the layouts is more.

I am not too sure if these sort of figures are of use in the grand scheme of things but when questions do get raised on this topic quite frequently I think it interesting to point out the facts rather than just say there is three times more trade to layouts, I wonder if any other exhibitions can provide this sort of information.

How ever you want to look at it I have always tried to put on a top notch show with the best layouts I can bring together, many which you are unlikely to see at other shows and also debut new layouts. back this up with possibly the biggest selection of specilist traders.and Railex is a serious modellers show, It may not be as big as Warley or Ally Pally but does that matter.

David

• RMweb Gold

It may not be as big as Warley or Ally Pally but does that matter.

David

Its a better show in my opinion.Quality over quantity everytime for me.

Railex is the one multi-scale show I go to year in, year out. I take a car down with 2 or 3 mates, and we have a great day out. It is always of the highest quality, and I consider it an honour to have been invited there this year.

Richard (Heyside)

Railex is the one multi-scale show I go to year in, year out. I take a car down with 2 or 3 mates, and we have a great day out. It is always of the highest quality, and I consider it an honour to have been invited there this year.

Richard (Heyside)

Looking forward to seeing both this and Bucks Hill.

Alan.

Richard (Heyside)

Richard if you produce something as good as Heyside you will always get an invite. look forward to meeting you im May

David

Banbury (2mm N)
Bucks Hill (7mm O Gauge) Very rarely seen the last time was Railex 2008
Crumley & Little Wickhill (4mm 009)
Eskmuir (4mm OO) Not exhibited at a show in the south before
Fence Houses (2mm) Not seen at a major exhibition in the south before

Hemlock (3mm 14.2 gauge)
Heyside (7mm O gauge) Has not been exibited in the South before
Leicester South (GC) (4mm 00)
Polbrock Gurney (00) Debut of this ;layout
Polsithney (4mm P4) Exhibited rarely last time Railex 2006
Sandown IOW (3mm 14.2 gauge) Exhibition debut
St Merryn (4mm P4)
St Ruth (2mm)
Temple Falls (2mm N)
The Mill (Mumby Lumber Co) (7mm) From Holland only exibited once before in the UK at Warley
Tucking Mill (2mm)

I have put the list of layouts above and added some notes to layouts that are rarely seen or making there exhibition debut so if you want to see some of these layouts the only chance will be at Railex this year.

David

Archived