RMweb

Mk3 coach production

DapolDave

Can anybody confirm the number on 2P-005-21?

This is supposed to be a Trailer First, some shops have the number as E41127 and some as E42127 (the former is correct). Has anybody got one yest to confirm which it is?

In addition to the grey roofs on the blue & grey coaches that has already been mentioned, has anyone else noticed a line running the length of the coaches on both sides in the blue paintwork about 2mm down from the grey window area.

It resembles the sort of line you get when roller painting a wall that is created by the end of the roller.

This line is present on both of my buffets and all four of my 2nd class coaches that I have purchased recently, it is not however present on either the black roofed 1st or 2nd class coaches that came in the bookset.

I await my incorrectly numbered 1st class additional coach but expect that to be the same.

Regards

Scott

• RMweb Gold

Hi Scott , Just looked at my M12109, code2P-005-035 and No bodyside is as expected. I can just see line as you comment but it is just the mask line for the rail grey under the blue, the white line neatly abutts the blue and grey almost on top of this line as you would expect.

In the real world the white line was tape over join area. Some early ones the white 1" band was the mask line between two colours.

I guess it is visible if you look hard for it and tilt coach over in certain light but certainly no problem for me and no worse than 4mm coaches.   

Still a great coach in 12" to the foot and the Dapol model.

Robert   

• RMweb Gold

Hi gang , From below radar height comes advice on Hattons site of CM002 which is a 4 pack boxed set of blue grey Mk3a LHCS, running number a SC11008, SC 12007/15/25.  preorder price 71 quid... 

This the cancelled C&M order looks like production still took place so if you want lots of Push pull stock you know where to go !!

Cheers ( now £71 poorer! ) 

Robert

Hi gang , From below radar height comes advice on Hattons site of CM002 which is a 4 pack boxed set of blue grey Mk3a LHCS, running number a SC11008, SC 12007/15/25.  preorder price 71 quid... 

This the cancelled C&M order looks like production still took place so if you want lots of Push pull stock you know where to go !!

Cheers ( now £71 poorer! ) 

Robert

Yeah but what are they.....intercity or scotrail?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've just been on the phone to Dapol regarding a couple of Intercity Swallow items which I pre-ordered from Rails of Sheffield a couple of weeks ago. The DVT in this livery (the corrected livery, that is) is unfortunately still 3 to 4 months away, however the following items, which the Dapol website lists either as "Awaiting Production" or "In Transit", have actually arrived and should be in the process of being shipped out to suppliers. I already have the buffet coach but I'm tempted to add another 1st and two more standards to the order to get myself a full rake in one sweep:

2P-005-221 MK 3 I/CITY SWALLOW  1st  CLASS # 11065 loco hauled

2P-005-222 MK 3 I/CITY SWALLOW  1st CLASS  # 11073 loco hauled

2P-005-231 MK 3 I/CITY SWALLOW 2nd CLASS # 12004 loco hauled

2P-005-232 MK 3 I/CITY SWALLOW 2nd CLASS # 12019 loco hauled

2P-005-233 MK 3 I/CITY SWALLOW 2nd CLASS # 12037 loco hauled

Thought it may be of interest to others modelling the same era.

Cheers,

JB

Hi Mark,

Yep I realised this on another forum just after I posted! I immediately called Rails of Sheffield to alert them to that fact, and I expect they'll have been on the phone to Dapol shortly after to find out where their shipment was. Sod's law would have it that this is the only time I've ever ordered anything online without first shopping around, since I have my orders shipped to France and wanted to combine postage with another item from Rails. Had I shopped around I would have seen other retailers already selling them...

Still, these things do happen unfortunately, and I trust Rails will sort it out quickly enough. I only placed this "pre-order" two weeks ago so it's not like I've been sitting here since November waiting for delivery. In fact I've just "pre-ordered" three more from them, to give me a full rake with the new buffet and the old (wrongly-coloured) DVT I already own.

Can anyone supply a picture of a Farish 47 in Swallow livery next to the newer-liveried Swallow Mk3s from Dapol? Curious to see if they're a good match.

Cheers,

JB

Edit: Just had an e-mail from Rails to say they've been onto Dapol and their order is now on its way to them.

Edited by jivebunny

Hi JB,

Ah, if you only ordered a few weeks ago, that would explain things. I would imagine Rails stock of these coaches would have sold out, so they were probably in the process of ordering more from Dapol.

Here are some pics, as requested.

post-11575-0-02414000-1395091788_thumb.jpg

post-11575-0-11784600-1395091789_thumb.jpg

post-11575-0-16306600-1395091790_thumb.jpg

post-11575-0-23745400-1395091791_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Mark.

Edited by Vonzack
  • Like 2

Thanks Mark, saw this last night but forgot to reply as I wandered off to eBay and ordered myself an IC Swallow 47!

They seem a fairly good match, it's just a shame the 47's livery makes the thin red stripe on the coaches stand out so much. I'm tempted to see if the coaches can be rectified with a tin of red paint and a very steady hand. I already have one of the original DVTs which, as you show, aren't a great match for the new coaches. I've got the new version of the DVT on pre-order so the old one will probably only see service on the back end of the occasional loco-hauled Virgin rake, as was often the case (with Intercity markings still present).

Hopefully by the end of the month I'll have an IC Swallow 47 + nine-coach rake + temporary mis-matched DVT while I wait for the new one to be released.

Then I need to start building up my Virgin L/H Mk3 rake... And then maybe stop spending :rtfm:

JB

Well, my Swallow-liveried 47 arrived today and I've just had an e-mail from Rails telling me my eight swallow-liveried Mk3s are being dispatched (alongside a Regional Railways 31 I ordered from their eBay store). Add that to the Kato storage case I have coming in from Japan and the 70-odd yards of Code 55 track I bought on Saturday, and March is quickly becoming a very expensive month!

I will of course get the whole lot set up and photographed at the earliest possible opportunity :good:

JB

Edited by jivebunny

• RMweb Gold

Hi JB

Your shout of course but I'd suggest a Fox (or other) transfer would be a better bet for correcting the red stripe.... Indeed I think Fox do the striping in correctly scaled red/white so shouldn't be too tricky....

Cheers

Ben A.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my Swallow-liveried 47 arrived today and I've just had an e-mail from Rails telling me my eight swallow-liveried Mk3s are being dispatched (alongside a Regional Railways 31 I ordered from their eBay store). Add that to the Kato storage case I have coming in from Japan and the 70-odd yards of Code 55 track I bought on Saturday, and March is quickly becoming a very expensive month!

I will of course get the whole lot set up and photographed at the earliest possible opportunity :good:

JB

Is the Intercity Swallow 47 on the old tooling? I undersood the updated version has not been released yet.

Is the Intercity Swallow 47 on the old tooling? I undersood the updated version has not been released yet.

Hi 47475,

The one I have (in the pics above) is a Chinese DCC Ready version (takes a 6 pin decoder). I would imagine the new versions would make use of the same chassis.

Cheers, Mark.

The 47 I ordered is also the old tooling and it's a nice fit for the Dapol Mk3 when coupled up. I haven't had a chance to put everything together on the rails yet, but here's my rake ;) I have the new IC Swallow DVT on pre-order to replace this one, which will be relegated to post-privatisation duties on the back of a Virgin Mk3 rake.

(Ignore the Regional Railways 31, that's for my RR Mk1 rake!)

JB

IMG_2375_zps5079b7c5.jpg

Edited by jivebunny
  • Like 1

Hi 47475,

The one I have (in the pics above) is a Chinese DCC Ready version (takes a 6 pin decoder). I would imagine the new versions would make use of the same chassis.

Cheers, Mark.

Yes, it is a nice model. I have 47593 'Galloway Princess' in InterCity livery as well as 47492 'The Enterprising Scot' in ScotRail red stripe - both based on this model.

The 47 I ordered is also the old tooling and it's a nice fit for the Dapol Mk3 when coupled up. I haven't had a chance to put everything together on the rails yet, but here's my rake ;) I have the new IC Swallow DVT on pre-order to replace this one, which will be relegated to post-privatisation duties on the back of a Virgin Mk3 rake.

(Ignore the Regional Railways 31, that's for my RR Mk1 rake!)

JB

I thought it must have been the old tooling. Let's hope we get an INTERCITY swallow 478XX on the current tooling at some point. Still plenty of 47 for Farish liveries to cover.