Grantham - the Streamliner years

LNER4479

Nice to see another picture of Harlaxton Road bridge on the layout. At least there is no lorry stuck underneath like the real thing!

Just literally extracted another HGV. Fourth one in as many days. Scenery is coming on nicely.

Paul 4475

Just literally extracted another HGV. Fourth one in as many days.

Did any of them tell you that they were delivering a rail bridge and had just stopped to ask for directions... :jester:

Incidentally, just been brought to a dead stand on 1S24 south of Grantham whilst the Liverpool-Norwich cut across our bows (and we were right on time). Another East Coast HST suspiciously occupying the up relief line. Back-wash of the bridge bash or inept regulation? Please explain! (I shall be looking it up tomorrow on TRUST... :mosking: )

Did any of them tell you that they were delivering a rail bridge and had just stopped to ask for directions... :jester:

Incidentally, just been brought to a dead stand on 1S24 south of Grantham whilst the Liverpool-Norwich cut across our bows (and we were right on time). Another East Coast HST suspiciously occupying the up relief line. Back-wash of the bridge bash or inept regulation? Please explain! (I shall be looking it up tomorrow on TRUST... :mosking: )

1E15 at fault according to my Blackberry, presumably the one shunted onto the slow? Broken down, no further info. 1Z99 sent to rescue. There may well have been something in P2 meaning you couldn't go forward anyway so get the Norwich out of the way.

Wanting to be certain of having a fairly complete and decent-looking pair of P2 conversions in my possession when I attend the Warley* and Wakefield shows later this month, I was forced to do some realistic thinking for once this morning. It became obvious to me that short of driving myself into insanity and exhaustion over the next ten days or so, it would be impossible to pull apart the prototypes for the conversions, make up moulds, cast duplicate resin parts, re-assemble, tidy up, and paint to a good finish. As I have plenty of other things that I also ought to be doing, I therefore decided that discretion was the better part of valour. As an interim measure I have therefore simply applied some satin varnish and some basic lining to Lord President, last seen wearing two very noticeably different colours and textures of green paint. The differences between the unmodified and the modified areas now blend in somewhat more effectively.

*After all, there's a corner of a certain layout that may be in need of a spot of locomotive eye-candy, in addition to any currently gestating green 4-8-2.

post-3445-0-38132500-1415828449_thumb.jpg

By the way, have any others been able to get onto the LNERinfo forum this afternoon/evening? I'm shut out at present, and I'm wondering if Paul got my reply about his loco drawbar.

• Like 9

Well what a manic afternoon. 1E15 had a major traction failure, hence dumped in loop. I then spent the rest of the shift on a level crossing failure on the Lincoln line!

As for the 4-8-2, I'm driving myself potty trying to get it decent. I have not been able to get into the LNER forum neither, so I've not seen your message Graeme. The P2 is very pleasant eye candy!

Paul 4475

• Like 1

Wanting to be certain of having a fairly complete and decent-looking pair of P2 conversions in my possession when I attend the Warley* and Wakefield shows later this month,

*After all, there's a corner of a certain layout that may be in need of a spot of locomotive eye-candy, in addition to any currently gestating green 4-8-2.

Looking good (as always) Graeme and will of course be delighted to host 2003 (and any other of your fleet) at Warley - ideal loco to depict as being on a running-in turn from Donny, ie a good excuse to use the newly-silenced turntable :)  If we can stick a Kadee in the back for the event, even better.

Yes - I'm getting the same message on LNER forum.

As the forum is still inaccessible this morning and I have neither e-mail address nor phone No for Richard I've submitted a message via the site's enquiry form. Of course, if that isn't working, or if he doesn't read the message, nothing will be achieved.......

What a splendid P2!  What with a requirement for a 'proper' V2 (or two) and now this, is it worth while waiting for the RTR suppliers to catch up, or shall I apply to Mr King!

I'm missing the forum as well. It goes so well with morning coffee!

I have emailed Richard. If it goes on we could try emailing his work address (winwaed.com).

Is he on holiday/away at the moment? I don't recall seeing him post for a few days

I believe he has had some trouble with the software and was awaiting an update/repair, he posted on the forum improtant information section a few days ago about it as it locked down on Friday, asking for patients. With that in mind, I am guessing the gremlins inside where/are worse than expected and a full rebuild appears to be happening, I am not sure if it was a hack/virus or something else but he always looks out for the members and keeps on top of the spammers, or something totally different

I will pop along at Warley to see Grantham again, might have something in my bag to confuse a few people

All the best

Brian

aka Mercator II (on the other side!!!)

Whilst the LNER Forum is offline, I thought I'd post a photo of the Mountain that will be joining all the other eight coupled delights at Warley a week on Sunday. Paint work is still on going with several area's to attend to with filler and Wet & Dry paper. Hopefully, it will be lined out by the we get to the show.

post-20275-0-76619600-1415914003_thumb.jpg

And just to prove it should fit on a 70 foot turntable, the piece of track it is standing on is 280mm long

post-20275-0-52064200-1415914094_thumb.jpg

Paul 4475

p.s. Graham, my apologies for Hijacking your thread

• Like 8

Whilst the LNER Forum is offline, I thought I'd post a photo of the Mountain that will be joining all the other eight coupled delights at Warley a week on Sunday. Paint work is still on going with several area's to attend to with filler and Wet & Dry paper. Hopefully, it will be lined out by the we get to the show.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And just to prove it should fit on a 70 foot turntable, the piece of track it is standing on is 280mm long

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Paul 4475

p.s. Graham, my apologies for Hijacking your thread

Not hijacking at all Paul - all seems pretty relevant as far as I'm concerned. Happy to be a temporary LNER Forum(!)

Look forward to seeing in the flesh...

• RMweb Gold

Just had an email from Richard: an upgrade has seemingly gone wrong and the hosting company are working on it.

I've been in the same situation a couple of times, so I wish them well.