Railways of South Devon Meet Up?

Guest Moria

LOL dangerous :) I will actually be staying in Dartmouth week of 12th - 18th August and probably frequenting the Dartmouth Arms in Bayards Cove most evenings (or slumped outside with a plastic glass on the quayside), BUT.. I have already negotiated as much train time as I dare for the week, so that's probably a non-starter :) But I hope you do get a meet and have a great time.

Regards

Graham

• RMweb Gold

Funny you should mention this, as I've been planning to arrange another SWAG curry evening in 'The Mogul's Palace' at Buckfastleigh for some time now. This could also serve the same purpose - a Friday night was the general idea. About a dozen of us turned up last year and we have an excellent time, the food and service are very good there (I managed to knock an almost full pint of beer over and the management replaced it immediately, free of charge!).

What do folk think?

• RMweb Gold

Right then, informal consultation amongst the DRAG massive confirms that we will have a 'quorum' for Friday 7th September next. I would suggest convening at The Moguls Palace, Buckfastleigh at 7pm. Once I've got an idea of numbers, I'll book the table (can always increase numbers there if more wish to come along, not a problem with their management). We had a great time there last year. I'll also put something up on the SWAG forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Me too!

Dare I suggest it, but what about each bringing along 'an item of modelling interest' to show off to the rest? Just a thought... and probably a bad one!!

Not a bad idea, but beware the clumsy Captain, who last year managed to knock a whole pint of beer over within the first 10 minutes (and hadn't even drunk much of it at the time!) - the management, however, replaced the pint free of charge!

I was able to meet up with Tom at the Real Ale festival at Staverton( while he was working). He did ask if I was able to go to SWAG evening but I will be back in London by then, which is a shame as I would have liked to have met up with you all. So have a great evening and I look forward to reading about it here and seeing some of the compromising pictures :) .

• RMweb Gold

There are 7 or 8 from DRAG coming so far (most of whom are also on RMWeb), plus BlackRat (I hope he's still able to come, any rate!), plus some others. What would help, to ensure the table is the 'right size' before we all get there, is if any non-DRAG folk could PM me seperately just to confirm that you can come, please.

Many thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Greetings! Only a few days to go, so I thought I'd 'bump' this one. Apart from the 7 or 8 of the DRAG contingent (most of whom are also RMWeb members), I think the following RMWebbers are down to attend, please let me know if this is incorrect or if I've left anyone out:

- Devondynosoar (Tom)

- Ramblin' Rich (Rich)

- BRealistic (Alan)

- BlackRat (Neil)

Cheers - looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday - anyone else who would like to come is very welcome, please just let me know if you're able to make it!

Sorry guys, but I'll have to give the evening a miss. It's the combination of my two sons visiting at the same time ( a rarity)... AND the local pub putting on a curry and footie evening in the beer garden on account of the 'guaranteed' sunny evening (an even greater rarity!). It's the England match, which we're bound to win!

Archived