St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

Hi Nigel. It is portable due to renting a house and never know what the future holds (hopefully a mortgage)

I would consider exhibiting again as when I did St.Clemens at Hayle back in August '13 it was a great weekend.

All the best

Jack

post-13209-0-78984000-1385736201_thumb.jpg

Bit more track work then points have been lines up and holes drilled incase I install point motors in the future.

(Or once I've learnt how to)

Its needs to be fixed down and weathered to match the rest of the track.

Once thats done I can start to carve the landscape to give the layout a 'body' and that will begin to add shape to the layout hopefully giving the impression of St.Agnes' uniqueness .

Jack

Thanks Jeremy. I'm pleased with how the layout is going and the extensive planning has paid off. After all, the idea was thought of over 18months ago and normally I would have rushed straight in and made lots of errors.

Cheers for the info on those artical additions. Its a great help.

Would just like to thanks the 'fat controller' of the parish for assisting me on identifying wagons / DMU's that would have been spotted on the branch...!

Just got myself a ration signal box kit. Its identical to the St.Agnes box and once detailed will be a lovely addition.

And also semaphore's for departing trains on 'up' &'down' services.

Once the signal box is in place I'll post up some photos. Im keen to detail the interior too.

Jack

Signal Box is well on the way. Wanted this ratio kit for a while since it came out.

Once toned down I think it will look very nice. Its not finished yet. And not going to put the roof on permanently

As I want to add the wills white metal interior kit.

post-13209-0-13130400-1385744347_thumb.jpg

Jack

Nearly finished off the signal box. Needs painting to get rid of the sheen.

2 days off and feeling rough!

The job I applied for back in October I have an interview next week. (NHS)

So fingers crossed....never thought I'd get one but there we go!

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jack,

Some great progress on St. Agnes. ;)

The trackwork looks really good and the build of the Ratio signal box is nice and neat.  

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Stu. Its temporarly placed so it can accommodate the building and I can then build around it once it's in place....does that make sence?

So I will build to whatever height you've built it (I presume 4mm scale standard platform height)

It was placed so I can judge the position of trap-point on the Newquay end.

Thanks

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stu. Its temporarly placed so it can accommodate the building and I can then build around it once it's in place....does that make sence?

So I will build to whatever height you've built it (I presume 4mm scale standard platform height)

It was placed so I can judge the position of trap-point on the Newquay end.

Thanks

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks, that's fine. I'll fix the height and let you know.

Oversize window sills added today, they need to be trimmed around the window frame.

Stu

Made a practice run on the Station masters house.

I dont have any pictures of what it looked like back then, so I've guessed to be honest. It will be hidden by the tree's and bush behind the station building so im not worried.

Made from plasticard and wills window set. Currently in grey primed state, it will be covered in stone and additional details added, such as the drain pipes, roof tiles and glazing once painted.

post-13209-0-81659900-1386081571_thumb.jpg

Also made a 'grumpas' wagon kit. Which surprisingly is good fun.

Jack

Hi Bill hope your keeping well.

Thanks im pleased with the house but its just a practice run, priming makes a real difference doesn't it..?

Its taking shape now, and when the station building is placed it will really start to look like 'snagness'!!

Thanks

Jack

Heres a picture of the "Grampas in progress" at this stage its a "Rudd" due to the mods that needed trimming.

Fitted with older axle boxes. Its now sat in the railway room drying with a ballest load added.

Now I said I would buy RTR wagons. But actually I enjoy constructing the kits so will be getting alot more.

post-13209-0-11294700-1386104455_thumb.jpg

Jack

Archived