St.Agnes Station - summer timetable

Jack00

post-13209-0-62128000-1388348535_thumb.jpg

Another 'moody photo' of the cutting (track needs a hoover)

Good bit of PVA and hairspray did the trick. Also woodland scenics 'yellow sprinkles' to form a gorse effect.

The photos in the book of St.Agnes station shows the cutting to be quite tame, but I wanted a rough look to represent the rugged and wild countryside which surrounds the village. As you drive down the B-road its wind swept gorse bushes and muddy roads decend towards the cliffs.

I want St.Agnes' signalman to be dressed in a yellow poncho and green Wellingtons.

its wild up there, somedays at work the windows rattle and get battered by the storms as they roll in.

The signalman, reference from Cornwall Railway Society, used to cycle. So a white metal bycicle painted black will feature outside the box.

Jack

Hi Jack

My above comment relates to post no 325......For some reason that was the last entry when I replied when it clearly wasn't.....

Your track is looking good.....

Just a word.....Gorse flowers in early spring......Before most trees have any foliage.....

So your signalman would be correctly dressed maybe but you've a lot of leafless trees/bushes to model......Any Blackthorne or Hawthorne trees around?

I know they're white flowers not yellow but they flower later & Liquid Sunshine is not seasonal in Kernow.....

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill to be honest im not up on my tree's, shrubs and bushes, but I like the look of gorse as you say early spring, and as Stu referred to the daffodils for Shepherds

Haha dont worry Bill I know what you meant. Certainly needs a hoover now!

Morning GT, thanks for the kind comment. All the best

Jack

post-13209-0-77958100-1388437086_thumb.jpg

Another shot of the prairie pausing in the station.

Im starting to do some research on Bachmann/lima DMU hybrids. I want to have Bachmann 108 chassis and lima 117 bodies to have the correct amount of doors and smooth running together with DCC sound.

Im sure its possible with some care, precision and ... a large mallet....?

Of course the seating will have to be considered too.

Jack

Another shot of the prairie pausing in the station.

Im starting to do some research on Bachmann/lima DMU hybrids. I want to have Bachmann 108 chassis and lima 117 bodies to have the correct amount of doors and smooth running together with DCC sound.

Jack

Jack I'm not sure you can do that so easily as If my memory serves as the 108s are 57ft long and the 117's are 64ft long. When I upgraded mine I used the new Hornby chassis from their bubble car.

Nigel, haha made me laugh!

Alan, thanks for shedding some light on that. As you say the 121's will probably be my best option.

George, thankyou glad your enjoying the progress.

And Happy new year to you all.

Many happy returns

Jack

Hi Jack, I hope you had a Good Christmas, and a Good New Year to you all in Pastie Land.

Black and White pics of Steam Days always look good and yours is no exception, really nice young man, please keep them coming.

All he best for 2014,

Andy :sungum:

Hi thanks Andy. Had a great Christmas, hope yours was good too.

Glad you like the photo's.

"Young man" reminded me of Harry Enfield haha!

All the best, and can't wait to see what bodgit creates in 2014...?

Jack

Just a couple of photos for now. I have fixed the backscene into place and it ready to paint (easier to paint first before adding the banks)

post-13209-0-77595600-1388839374_thumb.jpg

post-13209-0-47619900-1388839396_thumb.jpg

Pleased with the steady progress and I can begin to add in the front facia soon.

Cheers

Jack

Hi Bill thanks.

The box is a ratio kit, lovely little kit and its almost identical to the St.Agnes one, just a few little tweaks needee though to make it prototypical.

I've left the roof loose so I can add interior detail at a later date.

Cheers

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jack

My above comment relates to post no 325......For some reason that was the last entry when I replied when it clearly wasn't.....

Your track is looking good.....

Just a word.....Gorse flowers in early spring......Before most trees have any foliage.....

So your signalman would be correctly dressed maybe but you've a lot of leafless trees/bushes to model......Any Blackthorne or Hawthorne trees around?

I know they're white flowers not yellow but they flower later & Liquid Sunshine is not seasonal in Kernow.....

Cheers Bill

Not so sure about the gorse Bill we seem to have some that flowers much later as well on Exmoor

post-8525-0-67798000-1373909707_thumb.jpg

Photo taken in August Gorse and Heather together
Don

Archived