Severn Valley Railway

steve fay

• RMweb Gold

Good to hear you've become a volunteer Gareth, I might see you at Bewdley one day. Now is that a chocolate and cream Mk1 I see behind the 'Peak'?

Mk1 FO Liam ..... that makes it W3109

Phil

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/images/product/0071451495711.jpg

I got a Hornby Mk1 identical to the one above at Warley last year; a bargain, £16 from Sawyer Models. I'm also looking at getting a BSK and BG in the same livery from Hattons.

Phil, I've volunteered on the chocolate and cream RMB that we have, in fact I was working from it when I first met you and your family!

• RMweb Gold

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/images/product/0071451495711.jpg

I got a Hornby Mk1 identical to the one above at Warley last year; a bargain, £16 from Sawyer Models. I'm also looking at getting a BSK and BG in the same livery from Hattons.

Phil, I've volunteered on the chocolate and cream RMB that we have, in fact I was working from it when I first met you and your family!

Nice livery isn't it! Have two rakes of Choc & cream but they rarely get run.....

Have just booked on the Manor shareholder event Saturday week - an evening out and back trip from Kidderminster

Its usually made up of the 3 family saloon coaches but hoping we get BSO W650W this year - yet to travel in it, but looks superb

Phil

Oh, when is the Manor run?

Thank you Phil for the earlier information. Yes, I can definitely do the Saturday of the diesel gala and if I can might be able also to do the Friday. If by then I've got the chocolate and cream Mk1 BSK would you be able to perhaps allow it to be run behind a charter, maybe hauled by a 'Western'?

• RMweb Gold

Its a deal

Manor run is Sat 3rd June ....18.00 off Kidder

Bookings via Erlestoke Manor fund, close tomorrow! HAve been a couple of times before, great fun!

Phil

My first proper visit to the SVR, other than a brief visit in 1971, was 28 March 1976 41 years ago.

I do like the BR built class 2s, good lines.

post-7177-0-69396300-1495655787_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

My first proper visit to the SVR, other than a brief visit in 1971, was 28 March 1976 41 years ago.

I do like the BR built class 2s, good lines.

attachicon.gifBewdley 28-03-76.jpg

My eye focuses on the wagon on the right... one of the four Caledonian Vans the Valley acquired in the 1970s. I think the van in the photo would be CR 2080/302080 as this was the only one to vac fitted... :)

Edited by Garethp8873

• RMweb Gold

My eye focuses on the wagon on the right... one of the four Caledonian Vans the Valley acquired in the 1970s. I think the van in the photo would be CR 2080/302080 as this was the only one to vac fitted... :)

Am I right in thinking these wagons have now left the railway?

Phil

What information on "operating the railway under Gala conditions" do you need? The railway is operated as normal but using every possible passing point/ path.

The main "unusual" features of this years' diesel gala were a few Class A (limited stop) services in the early morning, and a shuttle service between Kidderminster and Bewdley. Aside from that it was an "every train crosses at every possible crossing place" service.

Steam galas are sometimes a bit more varied with "local" services (ie 1-3 instead of 3-1) terminating at one of the country stations.

Similar view from 1979, not much change....

post-7177-0-21221200-1496055892_thumb.jpg

More change happened in the early 70s, I believe this picture from 1976 was just after the bracket was moved to Arley. Quite a lot of pointwork had been removed from here already.

post-7177-0-87976300-1496056062_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Had a tremendous day there yesterday, got lucky as 50049 was pootling about Kiddiminster giving my 7 year old his first taste of Class 50 action when we arrived, we saw an 08 engage in a spot of shunting, we had a ride behind 33108, a ride behind one of 2 Manors in steam and the bonus of seeing top and tailed DRS class 57s on a coaching set on a driver training run! The lad burst into tears when it was time to leave...the reason? "It's been the best day ever!"

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Had a tremendous day there yesterday, got lucky as 50049 was pootling about Kiddiminster giving my 7 year old his first taste of Class 50 action when we arrived, we saw an 08 engage in a spot of shunting, we had a ride behind 33108, a ride behind one of 2 Manors in steam and the bonus of seeing top and tailed DRS class 57s on a coaching set on a driver training run! The lad burst into tears when it was time to leave...the reason? "It's been the best day ever!"

That's lovely to hear your son enjoyed himself

My 2 used to when they were the same age - diesel galas a favourite, always came home with a nasty disease - spottyitis - if a deltic was involved, oil thrown out in exhaust.

Theres hope for the next generation!

Up there myself tomorrow - its the Erlestoke Manor Saturday evening social train, last couple of years has been a Manor plus the 3 GW saloons, a super train. Will try and get some photos

Phil

That's lovely to hear your son enjoyed himself

My 2 used to when they were the same age - diesel galas a favourite, always came home with a nasty disease - spottyitis - if a deltic was involved, oil thrown out in exhaust.

Theres hope for the next generation!

Up there myself tomorrow - its the Erlestoke Manor Saturday evening social train, last couple of years has been a Manor plus the 3 GW saloons, a super train. Will try and get some photos

Phil

I'm there today and tomorrow, but sadly not for the Manor special. Are you there in the daytime Phil?

• RMweb Gold

I'm there today and tomorrow, but sadly not for the Manor special. Are you there in the daytime Phil?

Not this time Liam, domestic chores to do....special is 18.00 off KDR, will probably arrive about 17.30 ish

Cheers

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Hope you enjoyed the Manor run Phil. Any pictures from the evening?

How about a video?

https://youtu.be/dADiA9_AOqE

And theres a few photos of passenger v coach interactions in

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/123292-passengers-in-coaches-where-are-the-11-photos/&do=findComment&comment=2743260

An excellent evening!

Cheers

Phil

• Like 3

Yesterday was a relative's birthday, so I couldn't attend Phil. But it looks as though it was a great evening (I see you put on one of your wonderful hats for the occasion!) in fact I probably only just missed you as I left Bewdley about ten past five.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday was a relative's birthday, so I couldn't attend Phil. But it looks as though it was a great evening (I see you put on one of your wonderful hats for the occasion!) in fact I probably only just missed you as I left Bewdley about ten past five.

Its always a balance isn't it! And thanks for the kind comments too - hope we will see you at end of July

Phil