Masons Lane

Andrew P

Good work Andy, would have been nice to see it done with C and L track though but a cracking effort none the less. I think it works best with the steam/ green diesel era but the blue works too. Not as convinced with the modern stuff as it looks like a branch that may well have ended up with rusty tracks and distant memories of the clickerty clack by the early 80s at latest.

Good stuff.

Cav

P.S to Mason, see you can even get a station on something this small!!! :sungum:

P.S to Mason, see you can even get a station on something this small!!! :sungum:

Ha ha I know I can't even get a station on 6ft without breaking into a sweat and turning it into a fuel point ha ha this is what I would have built ha ha

hI Cav / Neil, do you know where you are at MRL yet? I am in the TCL Shed? last year we were in the Deltic Shed with Deesdale so I don't know where this is.

Ha ha that's a point were are we :) hope your next to us Andy

We are in the TCL shed too Andy so that will be good. I dont mind the sounds though mate. Might have to run some under the wires so keep your eyes on your stock haha. I have one soundy thats gonna be running so we can at least have a horn fight haha.

Cav

• RMweb Premium

Love the way you have got the canal and narrowboat in. I may get back to you on that as I'd love to get a bit of the Grand Union onto Great West Road.

Small is beautiful, as they say.

Love the way you have got the canal and narrowboat in. I may get back to you on that as I'd love to get a bit of the Grand Union onto Great West Road.

Small is beautiful, as they say.

Hi Southern42, Thanks for your comments, yes I feel the Canal has added a third dimention to the front of the layout, I have had a look at your GWR and it looks like a really good plan a canal might suit it well with the tracks over a nice arched girder bridge, cheers Andy

This little layout has turned out really well

Especially given the speed at which it was built

As others have said, you have created a sense of depth,

where there is little depth

The canal scene proves that if you build levels into a layout

it adds interest, and helps make the scene look larger,

because the eye is drawn to different positions....

And yes, it makes for a nice shot, with a train trundling over the bridge

Nice work :)

This little layout has turned out really well

Especially given the speed at which it was built

As others have said, you have created a sense of depth,

where there is little depth

The canal scene proves that if you build levels into a layout

it adds interest, and helps make the scene look larger,

because the eye is drawn to different positions....

And yes, it makes for a nice shot, with a train trundling over the bridge

Nice work :)

Thanks Mark, and coming from one of the greats of diorama building it is a real compliment, when will we see your Wind Rain and ? sorry I cant remember the full title but you had it at the members day in 2011 at Stafford and it was so inspiring, also when will we see your Hendre Lane about again. Cheers again Andy

Archived