Dapol Western breaks cover at Steam Swindon

Andy Y

I've had a call from Geoff Davies at STEAM who's advised that they do have 5 or 6 D1000's still available after contacting those on the reserved list. So, if you still want one at list price give a call!

You can call him on 01793 466651, if you've already had Enterprise and would like 'Lode Star' speak to Geoff and he'll do 'Lode Star' post free for you. ;)

• RMweb Gold

Just out interest, how much are these selling for Andy?

If they're the original price they are £159.99.  Sounds a lot (and is a lot) but it is in a good cause as the museum is doing very well out of them and that money is going directly towards museum development/exhibits and not being spent on admin.

• RMweb Gold

I've had a call from Geoff Davies at STEAM who's advised that they do have 5 or 6 D1000's still available after contacting those on the reserved list. So, if you still want one at list price give a call!

You can call him on 01793 466651, if you've already had Enterprise and would like 'Lode Star' speak to Geoff and he'll do 'Lode Star' post free for you. ;)

Trust you to say that whilst I've got a wallet full of cash after my birthday.You bad man.Whats his number again........

Mine arrived today! :locomotive: Top service from Geoff at Steam. :good:

Haven't had a chance for a detailed inspection yet but first impressions are great. I am amazed at the weight of the thing. The last loco I bought was a Lima and D1000 must weigh at least twice as much as as that. :training:

Another good sign is that the bi-directional lighting seems to work with no glitches. I know a few people have had trouble with this so it is a releif to see it is problem-free.

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today! :locomotive: Top service from Geoff at Steam. :good:

Haven't had a chance for a detailed inspection yet but first impressions are great. I am amazed at the weight of the thing. The last loco I bought was a Lima and D1000 must weigh at least twice as much as as that. :training:

Another good sign is that the bi-directional lighting seems to work with no glitches. I know a few people have had trouble with this so it is a releif to see it is problem-free.

I thought you were a 2mm man. :mosking: Nice models though.

Archived