Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

So that's how you make 2mm look like 4mm. You plonk it in the hands of a lovely young lady. Noted for future reference.:-X

Dirty Mack on and leaving the building before mods and Andy Y read this. Hee hee.

Stephen

Edited by ayrmrg
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately, the only person you will find behind the counter in said Carlisle emporium is '87029'.

I hadn't made the connection. D'oh.

Very disappointing, isn't it.

Yes, very.

• Like 1

I noticed that the Mk3 has the small yellow boards in the toilet / luggage rack windows - that made me smile.

Honest!!

Hmmmmm, 'luggage rack' I've never heard it called that before......................

• Like 1

Reminds me of when I worked at Dover and upset the then Captain of the 'Normandie' by referring to his docking technique as similar to his car parking quayside, "Keep going til you hit something that stops you"

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QYltdonj2iE?wmode=transparent&rel=0&autohide=1&showinfo=0&enablejsapi=1

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Reminds me of when I worked at Dover and upset the then Captain of the 'Normandie' by referring to his docking technique as similar to his car parking quayside, "Keep going til you hit something that stops you"

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QYltdonj2iE?wmode=transparent&rel=0&autohide=1&showinfo=0&enablejsapi=1

If you look at the state of the water in the bow wave and think that just around the coastline are all those holiday resorts......

...almost like the approach taken by the Captain of the Costa Concordia..... though he didn't need a dock....

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

I do hope that was where he intended to go!

I think sub lieutenant Phillips must of been on the bridge at the time. It had all his left hand down a bit style of navigation.

I had not realised he had retired from the Royal Navy into the merchant marine!!!!!

Edited by N15class
  • Like 1