The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

So a bit like...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some seriously scary individuals there, Tim.

Coming to think of it, I also don't much care for their accolytes on the top row. Some people might imagine they'd been brainwashed.

Edited by Huw Griffiths

Watching Boris on the BBC News Channel, announcing his decision not to stand for the Conservative party leadership (no, I'm not talking Politics here) with subtitles on – I don't hear so well when the washing machine and the tumble drier are going at the same time - I was startled to read his description of the EU as a “supernatural body”. Had I inadvertently tuned into the SF or Horror channel?

I'm not sure whether I was relieved or disappointed to realise that some cloth-eared subtitler had misheard “supranational”. Aww!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've heard that these days there is a computer trying to interpret what is being said into subtitles, and it often makes mistakes...

I've heard that these days there is a computer trying to interpret what is being said into subtitles, and it often makes mistakes...

Indeed, and the BBC is working to improve the technology, but one can still spot the occasional quick correction by a mark one human brain when the computer guesses wrongly. The example I cite is merely a minor lapse with an amusing effect.

Edit: corrected grammatical lapse. Tut!

Edited by bluebottle

Well the house that was used in the Aussie Classic "The Castle" is up for rent ( https://www.realestate.com.au/property/3-dagonet-st-strathmore-vic-3041) 

Remember it is close to the airport, Dale Kerrigan: The real estate agent said 'location location location' and we were right next to the airport!

Then again Farouk's comment " He say plane fly overhead, drop value. I don't care. In Beirut, plane fly over, drop bomb. I like these planes"  

Or Darryl's comment " what is it with you and cash"

Now, no one draw lines with Horse and Dennis Denuto. Dennis Denuto: It's the vibe of the thing, your Honour.

So if you don;t smile at this lot you haven't seen the film.... (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118826/) it is quite funny.

"Jousting sticks, what do you want with jousting sticks...... whats he want for them?"

• Like 1