RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

This has had me chuckling all day After I heard it on the Horne section podcast

The person you can hear giggling in the background is al Murray 

ive got tickets to see the Horne section on Thursday night in Wrexham, really looking forward to seeing them, Alex Horne is meeting people afterwards and he said He’ll sign my taskmaster book for me which I’m excited about 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m always amazed at the number of people called A. Trialist who turn up at the start of the Scottish football season.  They seem to score a fair few goals too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

And here I was worried it would be won by a fish. So lucky the media was absolutely spot on.

20191105_204904.jpg.e15fba65cfe45da60b557c3e90d0c45c.jpg

But if Sydney get their way, the Melbourne Cup will be held later in the month (it's been held on the 1st Tuesday in November for many, many years) - fat chance.

3 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

And here I was worried it would be won by a fish. So lucky the media was absolutely spot on.

20191105_204904.jpg.e15fba65cfe45da60b557c3e90d0c45c.jpg

Looks like a placeholder that hasn't had the name added yet probably because the sports journalist is at the actual race. The office junior just needs to enter the winner's name.

Sorry to spoil the fun...

Jason

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, BoD said:

I’m always amazed at the number of people called A. Trialist who turn up at the start of the Scottish football season.  They seem to score a fair few goals too.

Just like the mysterious scientist Cobley, U.T. who has been co-author on a fair number of scientific papers in a wide range of fields. 

Cheers

David

22 hours ago, Titan said:

Did some name their horse "A. Horse"  The horse names are usually vetted.  However I heard that one that managed to slip through on one occasion (much to the commentators annoyance no doubt) was "Hoof Hearted"

My personal favourite was Shy Talk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 05/11/2019 at 13:27, BoD said:

A.N. Other had a remarkable career in Irish rugby judging by how many early team sheets he gets mentioned in. Surprisingly, he never scored. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, 108 said:

A.N. Other had a remarkable career in Irish rugby judging by how many early team sheets he gets mentioned in. Surprisingly, he never scored. 

Maybe they couldn't start a game without a full team?

So if one short, A.N.Other would be included.

2 hours ago, melmerby said:

Maybe they couldn't start a game without a full team?

So if one short, A.N.Other would be included.

AN Other was used as a filler if one of the regular players was doubtful to start. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, bimble said:

I will admit, once at Uni my club had an 'A. Plant' at a compulsory Athletic Union meeting because we were short of members able to turn up...

I knew someone who did several university navigational rallies with a Mr T Bear navigating for him...

• Funny 1