The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Holyrood have announced additional detail on COVID-19 restrictions and rules for Hogmanay for all Neds

General Rules:

1) It’s still ok to fight with your neighbour as long as you wear a mask and social distancing rules are adhered to

2) Burgling homes in your local area is still permitted as long as you sanitise. Track and trace technology must be used.

3) You can only visit your dealer when dropping your kids off at school. Dealers must wear visors and sanitise all bags.

4) You can still have sex with any relative (preferrably within your bubble) otherwise you must be home by 10 pm.

5) Vigilante groups of 6 only permitted  outdoors between the hours of 10 pm and 6am, ppe must be worn during physical contact & raves.

6) Sitting in the park is encouraged, but please note, although a bottle of white lightening has higher alcohol content than hand sanitiser, it is not a suitable substitute.

7) Services provided by sex workers will still be permitted as it will be deemed an essential service and due to concerns of an economic collapse in the area.

Specific Rules apply to these areas

Ayr town centre : Is now classed as a ‘NO GO ZONE’. If you must travel through this area please follow all diversions, stay in your car at all times. Masks are not required as nothing is open.

Milngavie: All middle class drug fueled swinging orgies must adere to the rule of 6. Masks must be worn. Gimp masks are deemed suitable.

Fife: Everyone must stay at home and self isolate until manufacturers can supply and distribute gloves with 6 fingers.

Jim

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I had a puncture in the car on Monday, no spare wheel (modern car) and the gash in the cover too big to fill with sealant.

Tyre fitter arrived this morning with his van (of course) and trolley jacks but not his bar with 21mm socket. So he borrowed mine.

I know his VW Transporter has its far from modest running costs but maybe he will knock a bit off the call out charge :-)

- Richard.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, BoD said:

You’ve led a sheltered life then.

Bus shelters, park shelters, air raid shelters.  It rains a lot in Wales.

9 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Fife: Everyone must stay at home and self isolate until manufacturers can supply and distribute gloves with 6 fingers.

For Merthyr they'd need to supply and distribute gloves for 6 webbed fingers.  Like I said, it rains a lot in Wales.

What's the difference between a and a pub?

Merthyr boy can always find the pub...

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Bus shelters, park shelters, air raid shelters.  It rains a lot in Wales.

For Merthyr they'd need to supply and distribute gloves for 6 webbed fingers.  Like I said, it rains a lot in Wales.

What's the difference between a and a pub?

Merthyr boy can always find the pub...

Mittens?

• Funny 1

29 minutes ago, Ohmisterporter said:

Isn't there a saying, "Inside every fat person there is a thin person trying to get out"?

More like, "Inside every fat person is a thin person and a box of chocolates..."

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

14 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

metric.jpg.fe4c01084194244233e6a07f476bff70.jpg

1 minute ago, kevinlms said:

Or Kilometre Davis to the rest of the world!

They'd spell it that way to prove that they haven't really given into the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys....

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 22/12/2021 at 01:10, manna said:

G'day Folks

269766892_3045287342456184_3978189915479352462_n.jpg

:good:

But that is after you eat the Big Mac!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Hroth said:

They'd spell it that way to prove that they haven't really given into the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys....

They should be friends with the French, since the French gave them a certain statue, which to a huge degree, symbolises the US. Although it seems to have diminished in recent years, with 2 flags representing the US - the Stars & Stripes and Confederate flags.

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

There are some seriously weird Christmas ads at the moment on the radio.

One which reeks of irony is the one for blind people who can't manage techy stuff.

e.g. TV remote etc.

At the end it says for help tell Alexa to "Call RNIB"

Mmm. Is it me?:scratchhead:

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, melmerby said:

There are some seriously weird Christmas ads at the moment on the radio.

One which reeks of irony is the one for blind people who can't manage techy stuff.

e.g. TV remote etc.

At the end it says for help tell Alexa to "Call RNIB"

Mmm. Is it me?:scratchhead:

I  don't know how people with sight problems manage to pair a new Alexa device (like an Echo Dot) to a wireless network. You have to have access to Alexa on a phone or tablet and perform the incantations "just so" otherwise you end up going in circles... 

They seem to have fixed it now, but when the advert was first broadcast, that line confused my Echo Dot mightily!