Attention old car enthusiasts!

Or even young enthusiasts that like old cars!

Last weekend I went to the Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre's Autumn Vintage Vehicle Show. And a very splendid show it was too! There were over 200 vintage vehicles there and the sun shone brilliantly all day. I took loads of pictures and have started to put some on Flickr. This is the first one and, if anyone is interested to see the rest, clicking on the picture will enlarge it and take you to the others :

8110130237_a22bd07265_m.jpg

D7733. 1956 Ford Zephyr Zodiac Mk.1 at Amberley. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

Plenty more still to come so I hope that they are of interest!

I hope that my pictures of the classic car event at Amberley were of interest because I have just added a further selection. The pictures range from 1928 to 1959 and this is the first one; as usual, clicking on it will enlarge it and take you to the others :

8134551924_10730db7a6_m.jpg

D7748. Morris 1000 and AA Box at Amberley. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

Still more pictures to follow in the fullness of time.

• 1 month later...

Morning All,

Slowly but surely I am adding further pictures of the Amberley Autumn Vintage Vehicle Show to my Flickr site. I have now added another nine and these include some vans, lorries and military vehicles as well as a couple of classic cars.

This is the first one and, as usual, clicking on it will enlarge it and take you to the others :

8276550639_af31fe3c4b_m.jpg

D7763. 1935 Morris 10 at Amberley. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

Hope that they are still of interest. Still more to come as time allows.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still interested, I have added a further selection of vintage vehicle pictures to Flickr.  As well as old cars, there are pictures of old buses and traction engines in this batch.  Here's the first one :

8347711592_9152f11ba2_m.jpg
D7773.  1953 Bristol 403 Coupé at Amberley. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

As usual, clicking on it will enlarge it and take you to the others.

One more batch to come and then I can start on the railway pictures.

If anyone is still interested, I have added a further selection of vintage vehicle pictures to Flickr.  As well as old cars, there are pictures of old buses and traction engines in this batch.  Here's the first one :

8347711592_9152f11ba2_m.jpg

D7773.  1953 Bristol 403 Coupé at Amberley. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

As usual, clicking on it will enlarge it and take you to the others.

One more batch to come and then I can start on the railway pictures.

Many thanks Ron, your efforts are much appreciated. I had always hoped that there would be a widespread interest (and support) for modelling such vehicles of this period. Oxford diecast and Pocketbond also seem to be in favour.

PB

• RMweb Gold

That's a very useful picture to have, as it shows what would now be a cherished classic in its workaday condition, complete with areas of rusting bodywork. I well remember the work involved in preventing, treating and eventually repairing rusted areas on cars of this era. Much less of a problem these days.

Nice bit of nostalgia. I learnt to drive in a 1967 Morris Oxford, followed by a 1969 Vauxhall Viva.

• RMweb Gold

Some 30 years ago my father gave away a maroon 1957 Daimler Conquest reg RZ 8331 to an enthusiast for restoration. I would love to find out if it still exists. Is there a way of doing so?  Hope someone out in RMWeb land may even have seen it!

Some 30 years ago my father gave away a maroon 1957 Daimler Conquest reg RZ 8331 to an enthusiast for restoration. I would love to find out if it still exists. Is there a way of doing so?  Hope someone out in RMWeb land may even have seen it!

do you have the registration number  you could check the car atx register on line thingy would show if it taxed for the road

• RMweb Premium

Check the DLVA site. There is a page where you can check if it still remains on the records. The problem might be however that the registration has been transfered to another vehicle.

Do a check of the number on the DVLA site? I believe that is possible, though it doesn't give personal details, and if the number has been transferred to a different vehicle.

Stewart

Edit: just posted and then read the rest of the thread....sorry!

RZ 8331, is not listed on the DVLA's 'Vehicle Enquiry page',

so either it's still tucked away in a barn or garage, been scrapped (Most likely), or Reg. Number sold on.

Sandy Croall

Austin 7 Clubs Association Registrar (Retired).

• RMweb Gold

Hi and thanks for the ideas.

I have just sent enquiries to the Daimler and Lancaster Owners Club and to the Irish Jaguar and Daimler club.  (RZ8331 is a Northern Ireland reg)

I'll let you know if I can trace the car or confirm its scrapping.

Colin

I used to have the Morris Oxford Traveller version of the Austin A60 Cambridge Countryman. Then I had a Wolseley 16/60. My Dad had an A60 Cambridge saloon and a friend of mine had a Riley 4/72. So, all in all, I have quite a lot of experience with these cars and was very sorry to see them discontinued. Who would have thought that they would become the classic collectors' cars of today!

Talking of collectors' cars, I have finally got the final batch of pictures of the Amberley Autumn Vintage Vehicle Show onto Flickr. There are 14 pictures and this is the first one :

8377500482_58c72bd5d1_m.jpg
D7778. 1936 MG TA at Amberley. by Ron Fisher, on Flickr

Hope that you like 'em.

This was my old car, how I wish they would make a model of this.

John

Archived