Mike,

Have to agree with the others, magic images! I love the 'super elevation' through the station as I would like to be able to do that through Barleith halt adjacent to Hurlford shed on the Darvel branch, off the Nith valley line! Used to watch the 2Ps 'leaning in' there!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

Mike I really don't understand it, I have this thread in my followed Topics but it never shows up as updated unless I go into the S & C Section.

Still always well worth keeping an eye on. :O

Andy, I can't answer that one I'm afraid.

• RMweb Gold

Evening Mike,

I've got a Parkside 16T on order, as well as a bare chassis to try under the Airfix body. I wondered if you had any particular observations to make on the building?

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock,

My NE thread has a blow by blow description of my build of the PC 16T kit (including my error with the diagonal door stripes that you pointed out). It's covered in the following posts:  (page/post) 9/224-5, 10/228-38, 11/258-9.

I'm sure others, including Mike, have done a better job, but I put lots of detail into the posts that others may not have done as it was one of the first kits I've done, so wanted to document everything... warts and all.

Kind regards, Neil

Hi Jock,

My NE thread has a blow by blow description of my build of the PC 16T kit (including my error with the diagonal door stripes that you pointed out). It's covered in the following posts:  (page/post) 9/224-5, 10/228-38, 11/258-9.

I'm sure others, including Mike, have done a better job, but I put lots of detail into the posts that others may not have done as it was one of the first kits I've done, so wanted to document everything... warts and all.

Kind regards, Neil

Thanks Neil,

Put it down to my age, I simply have to apologise as I'd completely forgotten being involved in that post! Haven't had many prompts from the 'Topics I Follow' system lately so I assume you've been very busy?

Thanks again for the reminder, and apologies Mike for using your space!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

usually is, and Andy Y of course, we MUST NOT forget Andy Y, hahhahahha :sungum:

Hi Andy,

A light bulb moment! Why don't you ask Andy Y about the 'notifications problem' you mentioned the other day, no good me asking I would not understand!

No pics tonight then Mike? :nono:  Guess I'll have a lot of catching up to do in a couple of weeks when I get home :O

You never know your luck mate, I have just bought a new camera! Bit of a clue there but I still have to work out how to use the bleeding thing!

• Like 1

Mike,

I believe that you've now got at least ten days to learn it while Andy's on holiday! Mind you, some of the rest of us could always pester you in his absence!! By the way, what camera did you buy?

Kind regards,

Jock.

Mike,

I believe that you've now got at least ten days to learn it while Andy's on holiday! Mind you, some of the rest of us could always pester you in his absence!! By the way, what camera did you buy?

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock,

Its a Panasonic Lumix TZ55, seems a nice bit of kit for taking off the cuff shots, my phone was too awkward and I could not find a 'sports' setting on it so everything had to be still otherwise it blurred.

Now then my criteria on the new camera was Wi-Fi and Sports mode, which it has BUT .... I can't get it to talk to the Wi-Fi after 2 days trying!!!! I hate technology!!!

Here is the only photo I have bothered taking so far:

post-5296-0-51108200-1446406441_thumb.jpg

Its my latest purchase, Hornby Patriot 45531 'Sir Frederick Harrison' I actually drove this from Glasgow Central to Polmadie depot in around 1966ish. Magic!

• Like 6

Evening Mike,

What a thrill to have that particular locomotive produced with your footplate history! As I've said in the past, I used to spot on Kilmarnock station and often saw 'rebuilds' stopping there - always liked them since. Hope you come to grips with the camera soon my friend,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi again,

Sorry, I had a visitor call.

The Patriot has proved to be less efficient than its namesake, it only goes in reverse and makes an horrendous whirring noise when trying to go forward! I have advised the vendor and await their reply.

Lovely looking engine mike

When your sorted with the camera,lets see it doing some work through dent!

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

That is the plan but not before its weathered and has a crew and lamps! Camera is driving me crazy!

• Like 1