Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things Women Say , but what they really mean.

Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Premium

Or, moving away very slightly from the thread title:

"If a man speaks in a forest where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?"

Why are you asking this, when you already know the answer?

• RMweb Premium

Anything involving the word "Fine", often said abruptly, often means the exact opposite.

Oh God no, if it was that simple, life would be a dream. IF all you had to do was reverse the meaning of such words, we guys wouldn't have a problem. Reverse logic would be SOOOO easy to master.

Another example. If you get asked if you want chops or sausages cooked for dinner, you don't seriously think your being asked your opinion do you? If you innocently say chops (or sausages), the odds are you'll get a comment like, 'Oh you want chops (or sausages), do you'? Its obvious you have made a serious blunder & picked the wrong ingredient for dinner. YOU thought you had a 50% chance OR YOU thought you were being given the call.

But no, its a challenge to see if you can keep up.

Epic Fail.

Hi all

Whenever I see a thread like this it reminds me of the old joke about how God made heaven and earth in 6 days, saw it was good and then he rested. Then he created man, saw it was good and then he rested. Then he created Woman and no one has been able to rest since :jester:

Ian

.... it reminds me of the old joke about how God made heaven and earth in 6 days, saw it was good and then he rested. Then he created man, saw it was good and then he rested. Then he created Woman and no one has been able to rest since :jester:

Alternatively:

Q: Why did God make Man before he made Woman?

A: Because He didn't want any advice on how to make Man.

I remember going into the Arts and Crafts Studio in Chester to look at the model railways more than a few years ago. My dearly beloved said to me, "I'll wait outside, you won't be long".

I'm still not sure if it was a comment or a command!

(still, I've used the same comment since when she diasappears into Marksy's or Next or Debenhams or John Lewis or................................)

• RMweb Gold

So sat in the zone of uncertainty outside changing rooms waiting for one's loved one to emerge with her carefully selected new rags - how does a bloke survive?

Heres s strategy....

If it doesnt look right - of course it must be a problem with the item itself!

That size label must be wrong... the colour doesnt look right on you etc etc

But if it looks good - its your good lady that makes it so!

Wow, that looks great on you - that colour really suits you etc etc

If you go down the latter route be prepared for severe wallet damage however!!!!

But a good excuse to visit the local model emporium shortly afterwards....

Phil

• RMweb Premium

SWMBO came out of a changing rooms wearing one of those 'hats' consisting of three feathers.

I said it looked like roadkill.

I'll go and see if she has got over it.

Well, it was five years ago ...

You mean to say you've been in hospital for five years?

The other mistake when asked "is my hair/dress/face ok?" is to answer yes without looking up from whatever bit of modelling you are doing. Big mistake!

Don

Even bigger mistake to actually look up and then answer no. I speak from experience...

Archived