Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

3 hours ago, steve fay said:

Three of my projects on display this weekend at Steam Swindon 

IMG_7662.jpeg

IMG_7659.jpeg

The seawall diorama is perfection Steve, you've captured the look so well...  I can almost smell the sea looking at it.

Edited to add : I've just noticed the ladies being snapped by the paparazzi geezer on the beach, from left to right I reckon they are : Claudia Cardinale, Gina Lollobrigida, Anouk Amee and Sophia Loren. RMWebbers of a certain vintage might appreciate the sentiment! 😉

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

As part of the gauge O guilds new modular exhibition layout I’m going to do a 12’ section of the Dawlish sea wall. Hopefully improving on my last example 
Mermaid cove.  
the plan is that the guild supply the fiddle yard and curved sections with differ t groups either supplying one 24’ scenic section or two groups each supplying two 12’ sections.

180625 dawlish dsc_2188.jpeg

• Like 9

Plus this will allow me to wrap up a few loose ends,  I never got to complete the Riviera line as I was overtaken by events that happened in my life. Luckily this layout lives on in Scotland.  I’ve learnt a lot in the subsequent 5 years since the above models where built so I’m hoping I can better them 

• Like 7

• steve fay changed the title to Stephen Fay’s diorama builds, Gauge O guild modular exhibition layout Brunel’s Sea Wall
  • RMweb Premium
On 15/09/2023 at 08:50, steve fay said:

180625 dawlish dsc_2188.jpeg

Can I ask a quick question about your various Castle nameplates. Do you use Severn Mill and whichever they are, I presume they automatically come with the mount that goes between the name and the splasher? I've got some pressfix lining already so hoping that little bit is small enough that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

Can I ask a quick question about your various Castle nameplates. Do you use Severn Mill and whichever they are, I presume they automatically come with the mount that goes between the name and the splasher? I've got some pressfix lining already so hoping that little bit is small enough that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Yes I always use Severn Mill and they do include the mounting plate 

• Thanks 1

Following on from Grimsby & we are now arrive at a very impressive piece of GCR architecture. 
Kirton Lindsey tunnel mouth in Lincolnshire 
Designed by Richard Ellis of Monks Gate Models it will now come to me to be built in a similar fashion to the recently completed Box Tunnel. 
Like Grimsby it will be set in 1923 and Jon Fitness has been commissioned to build a pair of GCR signals for it. 
As I’m moving home shortly modelling services will be delayed a little so we are looking at spring time next year for completion.  
A big thanks to Mathew Thompson for commissioning a second build from me.

IMG-2315.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A new micro section of a large station.  This has been mulling about in my head for 10+ years so it’s time to make it a reality. 5’x 2’ diorama but I will add cassettes either side to make it operational. 
Think Exeter St David’s and when the Riviera meets the ACE, or changing locos on the Red Dragon at Cardiff General or a loco change from a county to a jubilee at Shrewsbury. 

IMG_8204.jpeg

IMG_8123.jpeg

IMG_8097.jpeg

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

The KESR diorama has a road surface,  I’ve used tile grout. I’ll let this harden and set about it with a sander on Thursday, meanwhile Jon Fitness has made the first signal for the Dawlish Project 

IMG_8400.jpeg

IMG_8398.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• 2 weeks later...

Intentio supplied road signs, we will add the T section bars between some of the pot sleepers  now that the ballast is complete. 

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8549.jpeg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1